Reel FX Recruiting Tools TD & Software Developer
THIS IS FOR OUR DALLAS LOCATION!!!!!
The Tools Technical Director works closely with the Technical Supervisor, CG Supervisor, Production Technology group and production artists to support the technical execution of a project. Technical directors guide projects through the production pipeline by writing tools, validating production assets, troubleshooting scenes, and addressing technical challenges across all disciplines of the CG pipeline. The successful candidate has the ability to identify deficiencies in the technical process and to research, design, and implement solutions to enhance production workflow. The technical director must work well in a team-oriented production environment, where daily proactive problem solving and technical innovation are expected.
• Assists in the early strategy and technical setup and create tools and efficiencies for a project in order to optimize and enable fluid handoffs between departments for each stage of the pipeline.
• Troubleshoots problems across all pipeline disciplines: examples include validation of modeling and texturing integrity, character setup adjustments, animations issues, lighting and rendering problems.
• Studies patterns and trends, identifies common technical problems in a production, and recommends/implements new processes or workflows to address those problems.
• Identifies tool development needs and works directly with leads, artists, and the Pipeline Tools group to define requirements, develop and test prototypes, and develop end solutions.
• Locates, tests, and diagnoses issues with rendering workflow or output, including the maintenance or troubleshooting of shaders and plug-ins.
• Monitors the handoffs between departments and identifies problematic areas or process bottle-necks: examples include transition from modeling to texturing, ingestion of animation data into lighting, and integration of visual effects into final lighting scenes.
• Collaborates with other technical directors and software developers, attends regular production technology team meetings and serves an active role in the direction of the pipeline.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Film, Animation, or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years production experience.
• Production experience in one or more of the following areas: layout, animation, modeling, texturing, rigging, fur/hair, cloth, effects, lighting, or compositing with a preferred focus on lighting.
• Thorough knowledge of CG production workflow and methodologies.
• Thorough knowledge of Maya, Mel and/or Python.
• Thorough knowledge of Houdini, Python and Vex.
• Thorough knowledge of UNIX/Linux, procedural and object-oriented programming languages, shader/plugin writing as well as shell/Perl/Python scripting.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of personalities.
• Engages artists with a positive attitude and encourages feedback on solutions.
• Ability to manage time and balance priorities, sometimes amidst the pressures of our busy, deadline-driven industry.
• Strong aesthetic sense; demonstrates ability to make creative and aesthetic judgment calls.
• Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize.
• Able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment.
• Enjoy working in teams.
Apply here:- https://jobs.reelfx.com/positions/tools-td-dallas-location-340
This position is for our DALLAS LOCATION.
The Software Developer is a production technology position. The Software Developer works closely with the Technical Supervisor and production artists to support the technical execution of an animated feature film project. Software developers help guide projects through the production pipeline by writing new tools, maintaining existing tools, troubleshooting scenes, and addressing technical challenges across all disciplines of the CG pipeline. The successful candidates have the ability to identify deficiencies in the technical process and to research, design, and implement solutions to enhance production workflow. The software developer must work well in a team-oriented production environment, where daily proactive problem solving and technical innovation are expected.
Facilitates production workflow efficiencies by performing software development (MEL, Python, and C++) at a middle level of difficulty.
Develops plugins, utilities, and scripts that perform higher level functions outside the scope of a single 3D scene, codes against studio tool development standards and APIs.
Specifies and prototypes high-level production tools and workflows. Works closely with other pipeline software developers to create and deliver studio-wide solutions.
Collaborates with Technical Supervisor and CG Supervisor on production strategy and show-wide resource and support planning.
Develops advanced studio tools that adhere to departmental standards, conventions, and APIs.
Provides support for artists in all areas of production working in Maya, Nuke, Mari, and Houdini.
Makes recommendations and contributes improvements to established software development standards.
Develops architectural components and contributes to software development strategy.
Works with artists to define scope of tools, serves as lead developer on mid-sized projects.
Operates with a service-based, positive attitude.
Able and willing to provide mentorship to junior TDs.
Education and Experience:
BS degree in Science or Engineering; Computer Science, Film or Animation preferred.
Advanced experience with Linux/UNIX systems.
3-5 years of experience working on long-form CG/animation productions.
Mid-level understanding of Python and C++, has developed plug-ins for 3D animation applications (Maya / Nuke / Houdini / Arnold Renderer).
Mid-level understanding of animated feature film production pipelines: knows function of all CG departments, the specific toolsets they use, and understands the functional components of each department at an advanced level.
Possesses strong understanding of core functionality of Maya, Nuke, Mari, and Houdini and is expected to devise original or alternate solutions to challenging artistic and technical problems in production using these applications.
Works autonomously with minimal assistance from a mentor/supervisor.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply here:- https://jobs.reelfx.com/positions/software-developer-dallas-location-337
Reel FX Recruiting Tools TD & Software Developer, Reel FX, Reel FX hiring, Reel FX Studio, Reel FX Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Reel FX Recruiting, Reel FX Recruiting Tools TD, Reel FX Recruiting Software Developer