Riot Games – Senior Motion GFX Artist
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Senior Motion GFX Artist, you’ll concept and give life to motion projects for Riot Games and League of Legends. Your technical skills and keen aesthetic eye for motion and compositing will help you transform the static artwork for League of Legends into dynamic masterpieces that inspire before players hit the battlefield.
- Experienced: you bring at least four years’ experience working with motion graphics, so you’re pro at After Effects, After Effects Expressions, Maya, Fume FX, Krakatoa and probably earned badges in Photoshop, Houdini, and RealFlow (or equivalent); your experience has graced you with awareness and understanding of artistic conception
- Technically skilled: you could teach a master class on fluid dynamics, particle effects and compositing; you create visual effects, improve performance and output deliverables using advanced compression techniques that prioritize performance
- Artistic: you may not actually share wall space with the renaissance masters, but with your artistic eye, you could; you’re comfortable collaborating, giving and receiving constructive and creative feedback
- Problem assassin: you conduct problem reconnaissance and termination with the skill and ruthlessness of Agent 007; you’re an expert at root cause analysis, and problems fall swiftly under the sharp edge of your keen intellect
- Productive and motivated: you believe artist’s block is for amateurs and you’re motivated to create nothing less than AAA compositing, motion and VFX; you make creative decisions and drive projects forward without sacrificing quality
- Player-focused: as a gamer yourself, you know the importance of creating artwork that leads to more beautiful game experiences; though your art’s awesomeness commands attention, you’d never let art upstage the holistic player experience
- Breathe life into the world of League of Legends by adding dynamic elements and visual effects to static artwork in a meticulous manner, in many formats
- Work closely with artists, designers and engineers to create conceptually sound motion graphics and visual effects that level-up the player experience and complement existing League of Legendsaesthetics
- Define how elements within projects will interact, build, transition and function from the concept stage on up
- Give and receive constructive and creative feedback across involved teams
- Please email Kenny Carvalho or apply directly online at Senior Motion GFX Artist. Don’t forget to include a demo reel link along with your resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice creative application materials that show us you take play seriously.