Riot Games – Senior Technical Artist
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played online PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Senior Technical Artist, you’ll help breathe life into the world of League of Legends. You’ll employ your expert-level knowledge of 3D tools and problem-solving skills to build tools, maintain pipelines and provide technical support for artists on their most critical missions. You’ll help critique work, mentor fellow Rioters and foster the long-term growth of an energetic group of artists.
- Experienced: you’ve battled in the game dev trenches for five or more years and have the scars to prove it; if you found some time to study the finer arts, you’ll score extra points
- Up to code: you bring three to five years of game production experience and tech-fluency in at least one development language, such as Python, MEL, C# or C++
- A 3D generalist: with a solid understanding of Maya, Photoshop and 3D engines, you’re comfortable tinkering with, maintaining and providing support for every art tool at your disposal
- A creative problem solver: impossible is your favorite kind of possible, and you welcome every new problem as a chance to flex your creative muscles to find solutions
- Inspiring: with a self-driven mindset and positive attitude, you invigorate and inspire the artists you support by providing clear and constructive feedback
- Dedicated to LoL: as a summoner yourself, your experience with the game helps you better understand and appreciate Valoran’s unique blend of fantasy and technology and create content that belongs in the universe
- Jump into any art pipeline, whether it’s environment, character or other artistic discipline, to help maintain, manage, build and support the team’s 3D tools
- Mentor and support other tech artists, critique their work and help raise the quality of art production across the board
- Coordinate, execute and help drive the Art teams’ most demanding and critical projects forward
- Liaise between Art teams and various stakeholders to provide support for interdisciplinary efforts
- Interface with key stakeholders and team leads when assessing and completing tasks and help promote strategic visions for projects
- Please email Kenny Carvalho or apply directly online at Senior Technical Artist. Don’t forget to include a demo reel link along with your resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice creative application materials that show us you take play seriously.