Rising Sun Pictures Recruiting Senior VFX Coordinator & Effects Technical Directors
Senior VFX Coordinator
Rising Sun Pictures is currently seeking an established Senior VFX Coordinator with extensive VFX scheduling experience on feature films, to join our production team.
Employment period: Immediate start to June / July 2015, with a potential for an extension as projects develop.
Location: Adelaide, Australia. These positions are open to Australian and international applicants, with some visa & relocation assistance possible.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, RSP’s Senior VFX Coordinators are an integral part of the company’s visual effects success as they drive and monitor asset and shot production to delivery. Your written and oral communication excellence and proactive nature set you apart from others. You take responsibility for your assignments, following up and reporting clearly across multiple VFX disciplines and projects.
Your previous titles may include Line Producing, Senior Coordinating, Production Managing, etc. You are an expert multi-tasker, time manager and communicator. You are focussed on creating an environment that allows people and teams to quickly reach weekly and rolling deadlines. With a solid work ethic, you represent company values with integrity and honesty, delivering results that exceed expectation.
This role will share joint responsibility for the leadership and management of a small team of coordinators. This position differs from the VFX Coordination positions in that Senior VFX Coordinators schedule and define major milestones with supervisors and leeds. Schedules created will feed into the master resource schedule defined by the Production Manager.
* Seeking input from show supervisors, create and set project schedules & deliveries on a departmental and show basis within allocated resources and timeframes.
* Coordinate and track the progress of deliverables and targets against overall project plans.
* Communicate variations from the resource plan and propose solutions to the Production Manager.
* Resolve any impasse between departments, communicating resolutions as necessesary.
* Accurately update and maintain information systems with a focus on Shotgun.
* Consistently QA the input and output of more junior coordinators.
* Work with supervisors to develop lead and team performance.
* Empower supervisors to be responsible for their workload rather than becoming a chief note taker
* Maintain strong project knowledge, without having everything rest on your shoulders – ensure all information is readily available
* Manage production petty cash, cab & freight charges and catering expense reports.
* Attend team and client dailies and briefing sessions, taking accurate notes and quickly communicating detail to appropriate users.
* Continually check in with your own team assisting them to overcome impasse and interdepartmental blockers.
* Work with Editorial to ensure the successful, QA’d delivery of work to the client.
* Set delivery priorities for render wranglers, providing guidance on render farm targets.
* Look ahead to upcoming show delivery requirements, meeting with key leads ensuring crew are briefed accordingly.
* Manage any reference materials for artists as required.
* Be proactive to ensure nothing is overlooked.
* Mentor and actively develop junior production crew members and those under your direct sphere of influence.
* Promote a collaborative and enjoyable workplace influencing morale, discussion and work ethic.
Required skills and experience
* Minimum 4-years feature-film post-production [VFX vendor side] experience.
* Practical understanding of the entire production pipeline process.
* Extensive production experience with Shotgun.
* Multi-disciplinary understanding derived from working within Effects, Lighting, Compositing and Asset Teams.
* Familiarity working in Mac and Linux environments with command line experience.
* Sound experience scheduling complex and multi-faceted projects.
* Maintain a calm and professional demeanour in a deadline focused work environment.
* Expert time management and prioritisation skills.
* Sharpened tactical and creative problem solving sensibilities with a can-do mindset.
To apply, please click the Apply button located here. You can also email your resume to email@example.com with the words “Senior Coordinator” in the subject line.
All applications will initially receive an automatic reply. Those closely matching this position description will be contacted for further information.
Effects Technical Directors (Houdini)
Rising Sun Pictures is currently seeking experienced Houdini Effects TD’s to join our team.
Employment periods: Various contract lengths commencing January 2015, with most positions scheduled to July 2015.
Location: Adelaide, Australia. These positions are open to Australian and international applicants.
Reporting directly to RSP’s effects leads, you will be responsible for creating wide ranging natural phenomena for a variety of live action feature films. Applicants presenting highly realistic effects work in their portfolio, will be reviewed with priority. RSP is a Houdini based effects facility operating in a Linux system environment. All candidates must be have deep experience with Houdini and be comfortable with Linux.
You are a professional artist who works collaboratively with your team and those working in other departments. You are an excellent time manager and forward thinker who delivers to schedule and to brief. Using Houdini, you have previously been responsible for creating wide ranging naturalistic effects simulation including destruction, water, fire, procedural environments and character effects.
Your ability to own your delivery is highly regarded by your previous supervisors. As a professional effects artist and effects technical director, you provide confidence to the production team because you maintain absolute clarity in what is expected of you. You are the artist who seeks to understand and subsequently nail the brief.
Create and deliver effects; including rigid body dynamics, fluid simulations, cloth simulations and generic particle effects, that match the creative and technical brief.
Tightly adhere to production schedule and deliver to key milestones, presenting your work-in-progress daily.
Work with animation, lighting & compositing as necessary in order to meet FX animation objectives.
Adapt your effects as the brief evolves.
Diagnose and resolve issues with your own Houdini and Python scripts.
Review and QA your work for internal and external delivery ensuring it hits creative and technical notes.
Assemble and / or modify complex shaders.
Create consistent lighting and effects render passes for compositing.
Create effects composites in order to demonstrate the effect relative to the plate.
Work in a manner that allows other effects team members to pick up your work if necessary.
Contribute to creative and technical conversations, with a view to raising the quality level of the final image.
Expect additional delegated tasks from effects supervisor and leads.
Manage your workload. Advise your lead of any obstacles which may affect delivery quality, timeliness or budget.
Promote a collaborative and enjoyable workplace influencing morale, fostering purposeful discussions and a positive work ethic.
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum 5 years professional experience creating high-end effects for live-action feature films.
Expert user of Houdini.
Complex shading and render experience using Houdini’s Mantra.
Utilitarian knowledge of other discipline software such as Maya, Nuke and industry standard tracking software.
Strong coding experience using Python and hscript.
Maintain a calm and professional demeanour in a delivery focused work environment.
Real world understanding of physics, math, proportion, depth and colour.
Understanding of naturalistic light and motion with a focus on dynamics and natural phenomenon.
Superior level of attention to detail and strong eye for aesthetic composition.
Expert organisational skills.
Technical and creative problem solving with a can-do mindset.
To apply, please click the Apply button located here.
Our preference is for you to apply using the online application form. You can communicate with us regarding this position by sending an email with your resume, reel and breakdown to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Effects Technical Director” in the subject line. Please state your availability and country of passport so we can assess your right to work in Australia and visa options.
All applications will initially receive an automatic reply. Those closely matching this job description will be contacted for further information.
Rising Sun Pictures Recruiting Senior VFX Coordinator & Effects Technical Directors, Rising Sun Pictures, Rising Sun Pictures hiring, Rising Sun Pictures Vfx, Rising Sun Pictures Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Vfx Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Rising Sun Pictures Recruiting, Rising Sun Pictures Recruiting Senior VFX Coordinator, Rising Sun Pictures Recruiting Effects Technical Directors