Chair of Motion Media Design
The Savannah College of Art and Design is a private, nonprofit, accredited university, offering more than 100 academic degree programs in 42 majors across its locations in Atlanta and Savannah, Georgia; Hong Kong; Lacoste, France; and online via SCAD eLearning. SCAD enrolls more than 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 100 countries. The innovative SCAD curriculum is enhanced by advanced professional-level technology, equipment and learning resources, as well as opportunities for internships, professional certifications and collaborative projects with corporate partners. In 2015, the prestigious Red Dot Design Rankings placed SCAD in the top four universities in the Americas and Europe. Career preparation is woven into every fiber of the university, resulting in a superior alumni placement rate. In a survey of Spring 2014 SCAD graduates, 97 percent of respondents reported being employed, pursuing further education or both within 10 months of graduation.
Chair of Motion Media Design
Motion media designers create using principles and tools for filmmakers, designers and animators to deliver memorable moments in media. The SCAD motion media program offers accredited undergraduate and graduate degrees in Atlanta, Hong Kong, Savannah and online via eLearning.
Join SCAD Savannah as the full-time chair of motion media and prepare students for rapidly evolving motion media design careers. This is your chance to work with talented students within the historic district of Savannah, Georgia, a walkable, bikeable coastal city providing a living laboratory for the study of art and design.
We are looking for someone with the ability to demonstrate outstanding teaching and administration experience, as this position requires responsibilities in both areas.
– Day-to-day administration of the academic department
– Direct, coordinate and evaluate the motion media department
– Develop curriculum
– Foster inter-departmental collaboration and continue to enhance the reputation of the SCAD motion media department in academic and professional circles
– Oversee departmental budget, including its development and implementation
– Work with the admission department to recruit talented undergraduate and graduate students to SCAD and to the department
– Teach classes annually, as assigned
– Evaluate professors within the department through class observations, a review of student evaluations, a review of service and professional development and a review of contributions to the department’s goals
– Work with the dean to provide professional development opportunities for professors
– Develop, in consultation with the dean and department members, a strategic plan for the department that is consistent with School of Digital Media goals and overall SCAD strategic plan
-Terminal degree in media studies, digital media or a related field
– At least five years industry experience
– Proficiency in motion media design tools such as Apple Final Cut Pro, the Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects and Premiere; Flash; Photoshop and Illustrator; Autodesk Maya; Cinema 4D; and Nuke
– Experience with storyboarding and concept development, kinetic typography, editing, compositing, packaging and branding
– Experience with concept development, pre-production, cinematography, media theory, digital culture, new media and critical studies
– Ability to motivate students and faculty to think creatively and critically
– Ability to work with students and faculty of diverse backgrounds
– Experience with high-end compositing, motion tracking and color correction preferred
– Motion media experience for the gallery and or performance related venues preferred
Apply online at: https://scadjobs.scad.edu/postings/13591
Scad Recruiting Chair of Motion Media Design, Scad, Scad Vfx, Scad Animation, Scad hiring, Scad Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, 2D Jobs, Art Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Software Jobs, Vfx Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Vfx, Animation, 3D, 2D, hiring, Jobs, Scad Recruiting, Scad Recruiting Chair of Motion Media Design