Professor of Animation
SCAD has been named among the world’s top animation schools and among the “Ivy League of Animation” by 3D World magazine. Join the team that makes this happen as a full-time professor in the animation department at SCAD Savannah.
The successful candidate will develop and extend students’ awareness of story, design, audience and collaboration in production. Therefore, a keen understanding of commercial or independent filmmaking would be a major asset to the position. Apply your industry experience and expert technical proficiency in the classroom teaching a unique curriculum that explores animation styles ranging from stop-motion to 3-D animation and includes digital modeling, rigging, lighting and look development.
This is your chance to work with talented students within the historic district of Savannah, Georgia, a walkable, bikeable coastal city that provides a living laboratory for the study of art and design.
– Terminal degree or its equivalent in animation or a related field
– Strong portfolio of work that reflects a high degree of knowledge in animation
– Strong understanding of gesture drawing for animation
– Strong understanding of the animation production pipeline
– Ability to demonstrate, by providing an online demo reel, expertise in character animation (multiple mediums preferred: 2-D, 3-D, stop-motion, hybrid)
– College-level teaching experience, proven leadership skills and ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds preferred
– Experience with 3-D animation preferred
Apply online at https://scadjobs.scad.edu/postings/10049
Scad Recruiting Professor of Animation, Scad, Scad Vfx, Scad Animation, Scad hiring, Scad Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, 2D Jobs, Art Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Software Jobs, Vfx Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Vfx, Animation, 3D, 2D, hiring, Jobs, Scad Recruiting, Professor of Animation