Compositing Supervisor – Scanline VFX (Vancouver)
Current projects in production: Batman v Superman, The 5TH Wave, Ben-Hur, King Arthur, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Independence Day 2
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Works directly with the VFX Supervisor to determine and advise technical solutions; Directs and supervises 2D artists in the completion of final shots.
· Insure the quality of compositing work is of the highest standards
· Advises production department on compositor assignments and scheduling.
· Collaborates with other department managers on dailies, workflow and pipeline strategies, processes and methodology.
· Responsible for compositing templates and standards, 2D department workflow, organization, and general methodology, shot continuity, grain continuity, and 2D department quality control.
· Will be expected to spot check individual comps of other artists and evaluate quality and efficiency of teams work
· Mentor compositing team
· May also fill the role of Lead Compositor
· Assesses client plates for technical quality issues
· Prior to submission to client, reviews shots for artifacts relating to compositing or color space issues.
· Serves as key technical expert on productions
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· At least 6 years live action visual effects compositing experience, on high profile features
· Possess extremely strong technical and leadership capabilities
· Solid experience in leading and training teams of compositors
· Excellent artistic skills
· Demonstrate the ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
· Has full working knowledge of the technical and artistic aspects of live action and visual effects compositing
· Expert knowledge of Nuke required as well as integration of 3D elements into plates
· Shake, After Effects, Digital Fusion all a big plus
· Experience in 3dsMax a plus
· Should be able to balance artistic, technical, and scheduling demands
· Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
· Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
To apply for any of our open positions, please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio to: http://scanlinevfx.applyfirst.ca/jobs/SVFX95-compositing-supervisor-vancouver
We are unable to return materials, so please don’t submit originals.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Scanline VFX Recruiting Compositing Supervisor, Scanline VFX, Scanline VFX hiring, Scanline VFX jobs, CG Jobs, VFX Jobs, Animation Jobs, 3D Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CGI, Jobs, Scanline VFX Recruiting, Scanline VFX Recruiting Compositing Supervisor