Scanline VFX Recruiting Max/Maya Pipeline Developer & CG Supervisor
Max/Maya Pipeline Developer – ScanlineVFX (Vancouver)
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Works with the Head of Technology to architect, develop and maintain new and existing production tools and supporting modules in 3dsmax, Maya, and other software used by our facilities, using primarily maxscript, python and mel.
Responsibilities also include automating the use of Flowline, our proprietary, Academy Award-winning simulation software — connecting it to our asset management system and creating an optimized workflow according to long-term and production-specific needs.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
Design, build, and maintain software using a variety of languages, tools, and 3rd-party packages in a team environment
Advanced expertise with 3Ds Max and Maya a requirement, specifically with the ability to program new tools and plug-ins for project based needs
3+ years VFX Pipeline experience required
Excellent Maxscript, Python, C++, and MEL knowledge
Experience automating complex processes of scenes that consist of a large number of VFX assets.
Experience with Motion Capture and other VFX related simulations
Production experience with computer graphics application software: 3Ds Max, Maya
VFX development production experience with a deep understanding of pipeline based workflows from start to finish including but not limited to production and delivery deadlines.
Masters degree in Mathematics of related study required
Excellence in problem solving
Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
Ability to handle high stress environments
Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types
Additional Skills That are a Plus:
Basic knowledge of the API, SDK of any 3D packages
Qt, PyQt knowledge
Knowledge of relational database design and implementation
Development experience with digital media formats, media viewers and media architectures as related to the computer animation and/or visual effects production.
Knowledge of compositing applications, Nuke preferred.
Familiarity with any other computer graphics related software not listed above
Understanding and experience with client-server and other multi-tiered system environments.
To apply for any of our open positions, please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio to: jobs_van(at)scanlinevfx.com
We are unable to return materials, so please don’t submit originals. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
CG Supervisor – ScanlineVFX(Vancouver)
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Act as the primary technical leadership on the show level. Hands-on troubleshooting, overall pipeline planning, workflow decisions
· Ensure adequate pre-production and testing of new concepts/techniques prior to production
· Conduct audits and advise Sr. Production staff of pipeline concerns; proactively design effective solutions for potential problems
· Will be trained to work in Flowline, our Academy Award winning, proprietary simulation software
· Design/develop strong, efficient, and flexible CG pipelines for complex projects
· Develop, research, and implement new techniques and methodologies into production pipeline, adding value to VFX produced at Scanline VFX
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· Pro-active problem solver who demonstrates a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
· Command a broad knowledge of technologies including particle systems, rigging, image manipulation tools, scripting languages and shader systems
· Needs to understand the principal concepts of Voxel simulations and rendering and experience in FX Particle Simulations, Fluid simulations, Rigid Body Simulations
· C++ API experience in Max and /or Maya a plus to communicate efficiently with developers
· History of proactively mentoring and growing Technical Art staff
· Ability to work with a variety of both 2D and 3D software packages
· Scripting abilities with 3ds Max, Python, Perl and MEL
· Strong understanding of Pre-production
· Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
· Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight
To apply for any of our open positions, please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio to: Jobs_van(at)scanlinevfx.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We are unable to return materials, so please don’t submit originals.
Scanline VFX Recruiting, Max/Maya Pipeline Developer, CG Supervisor, scanlinevfx, scanlinevfx jobs, scanlinevfx hiring, scanline vfx, scanlinevfx Caeers, After Effects, Nuke, Maya, VFX, cgjobs, 3djobs, cgi, vfxjobs, 3d, 3d jobs