Scanline VFX Recruiting Paint and Roto & Simulation Software Engineer
Paint and Roto – Vancouver – Immediate Start Date
Paint and Roto
Scanline VFX Vancouver has an immediate need for skilled Painter / Roto artists to join our team in our Vancouver studio.
The contract is 3 – 4 weeks long, with possible extension.
· At least 2+ year on Painting and Roto (the major focus is on high level Painting skills, the Roto job tasks will be very minimal)
· Nuke software experience required
· 2D Camera tracking
· Compositing mattes to check paint/prep work
· Painting and prep skills in various software packages
· Working knowledge of projecting for paint/prep tasks
· A strong eye for detail and precision.
· Ability to organize your time, collaborate and effectively communicate with your supervisors and team mates, and be able to take direction.
· Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to deliver on schedule while working under pressure if required.
To apply for any of our open positions, please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio to: jobs_van(at)scanlinevfx.com
We are unable to return materials, so please don’t submit originals. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Simulation Software Engineer- Vancouver
Simulation Software Engineer
Scanline VFX Vancouver is hiring, all applicants please read the full job responsibilities and requirements below.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
– Design, implement and maintain new features for our in-house simulation framework Flowline
– Work in a team to coordinate development efforts
– Organize workflow, document changes, interact with and train artists
– Independently identify opportunities for extensions, bottlenecks and venues for optimization
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
– At least 3-5 years of C++ programming experience
– Experience with physics simulations, such as Eulerian/Lagrangian fluid simulations, elasticity/cloth solvers, rigid body dynamics
– Thorough knowledge of algorithms, computer graphics and numerical methods
– Must have experience working on larger software projects, and version control systems (e.g., svn/git)
– Knowledge of parallelization techniques and GPU programming
– Ability to work in teams and communicate with users
– Experience with 3D animation packages (3D Studio/Maya) is a plus
– BS in Computer Science / Engineering or related technical field required
– Masters degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science / Engineering is a plus
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: jobs_van (at) scanlinevfx.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Scanline VFX Recruiting Paint and Roto & Simulation Software Engineer, scanlinevfx jobs, scanlinevfx hiring, scanline vfx, scanlinevfx Caeers, After Effects, Nuke, Maya, VFX, cgjobs, 3djobs, cgi, vfxjobs, 3d, 3d jobs, Maya rigger, pipelne tds, Paint and Roto, Simulation Software Engineer