Scanline VFX Recruiting Senior Cloth TD
Senior Cloth TD
VANCOUVER, CANDADA + LOS ANGELES, USA
Current projects in production: Batman vs Superman, San Andreas, Fast & Furious 7, Pan.
The senior Cloth TD must have a demo reel that demonstrates creation of dynamic cloth simulations and other realistic effects using nCloth/ syflex. Excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, team player, and the ability to take direction are essential. The senior Cloth TD reports to the CG/VFX Supervisor.
This position is for those available for an immediate start/ 2-4 month contracts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Produce photorealistic simulations with high resolution geometry
* Develop innovative, believable and beautiful solutions to challenging and complex problems
* Sets up rigFX for cloth simulations that is stable and versatile for a characters range of motion.
* Works in partnership with lighters & compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
* Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets on time and at a high level of quality
* Troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
* Liaise with the asset department at build phase, to achieve desired results for fur and cloth simulations.
* Writing tutorials to document new techniques
* Work with programming and tools teams to develop tools/ scripts/ plug-ins to streamline the department
* Work to high aesthetic level being able self critique
* The initiative to see anticipate future problems and develop solutions or tools accordingly
* Teach others in the team
* 5 years experience in film or animation production as an TD
* 2 of the above years experience using Maya nCloth/Syflex for a variety of effects (including cloth simulation, gore effects, muscle simulation)
* Mel scripting is a minimum requirement, python scripting preferred
* Artists must be able to take direction and work in a team focused environment, good communication skills are a must
* Solid work ethic and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations
* FX Animation Experience
* Familiar with pipeline issues
* Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
* Good understanding of linux / unix based operating systems
* A reel demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability
* Strong problem solving skills
* Knowledge of C++ would be a bonus
* Previous rigging experience
To apply for any of our open positions, please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio to: http://scanlinevfx.applyfirst.ca/jobs/SVFX86-cloth-td
We are unable to return materials, so please don’t submit originals. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Scanline VFX Recruiting Senior Cloth TD, Scanline VFX, Scanline VFX hiring, Scanline VFX jobs, CG Jobs, VFX Jobs, Animation Jobs, 3D Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CGI, Jobs, Scanline VFX Recruiting, Scanline VFX Recruiting Senior Cloth TD