Scanline VFX Recruiting Senior Layout Artist & Senior Matte Painter
Senior Layout Artist
Scanline VFX Vancouver is hiring for a Senior Layout Artist
The position of Senior Layout Artist is available immediately.
Current projects in production: Batman vs Superman, Hunger Games Mocking Jay: Part 1, San Andreas, Fast & Furious 7, and Pan.
· Great visual storytelling skills & a well grounded understanding the language of the camera
framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking.
· Minimum of 3-5+ years VFX Layout experience required
· Experience with layout is preferred
· Solid animation grounding (preferably CG feature film animation – FX or Character)
· Solid camera animation work (laying out shots, staging, using film cameras or on-set experience)
· A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
· Background or experience in fine art which shows a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, balance
· Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills desirable
· Ability to debug technical problems and follow up for assistance if required
This is not a junior animator position – a love of film-making is paramount but that doesn’t eclipse core animation skills.
To apply for any of our open positions, please submit your info, cover letter, and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio through our jobs portal at: http://scanlinevfx.applyfirst.ca/jobs/SVFX69
We are unable to return materials, so please don’t submit originals. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Senior Matte Painter
Scanline VFX Vancouver is looking for a Senior level Matte Painter to Join our team. The ideal candidate must have proven experience and understanding in creating 2.5 D Photo-real environments in feature film. The Matte painter will also be responsible for creating visual concepts and designs for a huge range of projects. The ideal candidate must have great communication skills, willingness to mentor other artists as well as work to find creative solutions that are both efficient and effective in delivering the highest level of work, within the production schedule.
Current Projects in production: Batman Vs Superman, San Andreas, Fast and Furious 7 and Pan.
Required Skills and Experience:
– Minimum 5 year experience in feature Film
– Extensive experience using Photoshop, Nuke and Maya, with a clear understanding of 2.5 Projection techniques
– Must understand and be able to effectively communicate and interact with other departments in the pipeline.
– Ideal candidate must be able to multitask, be self motivated,and proactive, handling several aspects of developing and working on a environment and sequence level.
– Must be able to work with Supervisors to effectively break down the sequences and work out best methods to complete all work in a timely manner.
– Attention to detail is crucial, continually striving to raise the quality of their work to the highest level.
– Open and responsive to guidance and the review of notes from creative and technical leadership while applying that information to achieve the required look
– Additional Skills – Mari, Modelling, Composting
To apply for any of our open positions, please submit your info, cover letter, and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio through our jobs portal at: http://scanlinevfx.applyfirst.ca/jobs/SVFX80
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Scanline VFX Recruiting Senior Layout Artist & Senior Matte Painter, Scanline VFX, Scanline VFX hiring, Scanline VFX jobs, CG Jobs, VFX Jobs, Animation Jobs, 3D Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CGI, Jobs, Scanline VFX Recruiting, Scanline VFX Recruiting Senior Layout Artist, Scanline VFX Recruiting Senior Matte Painter