Senior Systems Administrator – Scanline VFX (Vancouver)
Scanline VFX is hiring for a Senior Systems Administrator
Current projects in production: Batman v Superman, Pan, The 5TH Wave, Ben-Hur, King Arthur, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Independence Day 2
Senior Systems Administrator:
The Senior Systems Administrator builds infrastructure solutions to Scanline VFX’s technology needs in a variety of areas, including: storage networking; physical networking; render farm management; name services; desktop support; and desktop build and software management.
Windows background is required, Linux is an added bonus
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with IT staff to address business and technical needs.
• Provide complexity and time estimates for completion of tasks.
• Design, build, deploy and maintain system infrastructure across multiple hardware and operating system platforms.
• Identify and resolve problems in the production system quickly and completely.
• Document the systems of the company and educate others in their use.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• Maintaining and extending a multiple thousand core and multiple hundred terabyte production environment
• Minimum 2-4 years in related role
• Experience administrating multiple operating systems, including Linux (Centos, Opensuse, Ubuntu), Windows (XP, Win7) and Mac OS
• Experience with NAS clusters like NetApp, Isilon, etc.
• Experience with one or more administrative scripting languages (Perl, Python, Bash, etc.)
• Familiarity with networking and distributed computing, including network file systems, routing and subnetting. Configuring switches, vlan configuration, and experience in extreme switches an extra plus.
• Fluency with common network protocols and their implementations and management: DNS, NFS, directory services, SSH/SSL and security protocols
• Experience with performance analysis and tuning of operating systems and networks
• Experience in asterisk phone system a plus
• Experience in OpenVPN a plus
• Experience in Linux firewalls (iptables) a plus
• Some knowledge of 2D & 3D graphics tools, (e.g. After Effects, 3ds Studio Max, Maya, etc.) a plus
• Strong scientific troubleshooting & debugging skills
• Flexibility in work hours. The Technology Team is committed to working at a sustainable pace, but occasional real crises do arise
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
To apply for any of our open positions, please submit your info, cover letter, and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio through our jobs portal at: http://scanlinevfx.applyfirst.ca/jobs/SVFX74-sr-systems-administrator-los-angeles
We are unable to return materials, so please don’t submit originals.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Scanline VFX Recruiting Senior Systems Administrator, Scanline VFX, Scanline VFX hiring, Scanline VFX jobs, CG Jobs, VFX Jobs, Animation Jobs, 3D Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CGI, Jobs, Scanline VFX Recruiting, Scanline VFX Recruiting Senior Systems Administrator