Shotgun Software Developer – Vancouver (Immediate)
Scanline VFX specializes in creating complex effects for high end feature film and commercials. With 25 years experience in the European VFX world, Scanline has now opened its Los Angeles and Vancouver facilities.
In 2010, Scanline VFX was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Achievement in Visual Effects for its work on director Clint Eastwoods Hereafter, which featured a tsunami sequence that TIME magazine called the most exciting, expertly assembled flood scene in movie history. Scanline VFX is well known for its proprietary, in-house fluid effects software Flowline, for which it received a 2008 Scientific and Technical Achievement Academy Award.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Architect, develop and maintain the integration of Shotgun in our production pipeline using Python
· Connecting Shotgun to our asset management system
· Experience with integration of Shotgun and its packages like Toolkit and ScreeningRoom in an existing production workflow(!)
· RV and Nuke
· 3ds Max and Maya is a plus
· Python and C++
· HTML and PHP is a big plus
· MaxScript is a plus
· Understanding of production workflow, project management and scheduling
· Knowledge of relational database design and implementation
· Education, Experience, and Skills Required
· 3+ years VFX Pipeline experience required
· Experience automating complex processes of scenes that consist of a large number of VFX assets.
· Production experience with computer graphics application software: 3Ds Max and/or Maya
· VFX development production experience with a deep understanding of pipeline based workflows from start to finish including but not limited to production and delivery deadlines.
· Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related study required
· Excellence in problem solving
· Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
· Ability to handle high stress environments
· Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types
Additional Skills that are a Plus:
· Linux experience
· Qt, PyQt knowledge
· Development experience with digital media formats, media viewers and media architectures as related to the computer animation and/or visual effects production.
· Familiarity with any other computer graphics related software not listed above
· Understanding and experience with client-server and other multi-tiered system environments.
Applying for a role:
We have a very thorough recruitment process and we are always on the lookout for exceptional talent so if you have submitted an application within the past 3 months, you’re already on our radar. You only need one application in our database and you won’t need to submit another application unless your work history or your body of work has changed significantly in that time.
Connect With Us: https://www.linkedin.com/company/scanlinevfx-vancouver
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Scanline VFX Recruiting Shotgun Software Developer, Scanline VFX, Scanline VFX hiring, Scanline VFX jobs, CG Jobs, VFX Jobs, Animation Jobs, 3D Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CGI, Jobs, Scanline VFX Recruiting, Scanline VFX Recruiting Shotgun Software Developer