Sony Imageworks Vancouver Hiring: Senior Software Engineer
Are you looking for a new opportunity? If so, we have the position for you! Sony Pictures Imageworks, is looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our Development team. Sony Pictures Imageworks produces high-end visual effects for movies, such as the the Amazing Spider-Man 2, Edge of Tomorrow, and Oz the Great and Powerful. The company’s work has been recognized with numerous awards and nominations, including the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects for Spider-Man 2.
The Dev Group acts as authors, collaborators and gatekeepers of the Imageworks pipeline and software. We work with productions to develop tools and technology that make our images great. Our engineering expertise spans the entire artist workflow, as well as the tools Imageworks uses to manage its assets and track it’s productions. We have a variety of technical challenges and are looking for individuals from varying backgrounds and expertise to provide diverse voices for creative engineering solutions.
If you are interested in things like:
- Managing huge environments made up of thousands of assets, and determining how best to interact with them in a software package like Maya, with multiple departments modifying the scene simultaneously.
- Writing tools and Maya plugins for the creative manipulation of hair and cloth simulated elements.
- Integrating Houdini and Maya tools into our fx pipeline.
- GPU implementations for visualization of assets.
- Core technology growth in our Katana lighting tool, working closely with The Foundry’s Katana engineers.
- Reducing the time to first pixel as well as finding efficiencies through more streamlined toolsets.
- Using new distributed databases to solve multi-facility, multi-master database problems.
- Managing and assigning hundreds of terabytes of storage efficiently relative to data type.
- Making the most efficient use of thousands of cores when very disparate jobs need to run on them simultaneously.
- Writing a distributed multi-site asset management system.
- Ongoing contributions to open source projects like OpenColorIO, OpenImageIO, OSL, Alembic, and more.
- Experience programming in C/C++ and python
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX
- Ability to design and implement systems in a complex library
- Knowledge of user interface design and standard UI toolkits, specifically QT/PyQT.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality software in a fast paced, dynamic environment
To apply email a resume to: email@example.com
Sony Imageworks Vancouver Hiring Senior Software Engineer, 3d jobs, Animation jobs, hiring, job, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Vancouver, cg jobs, Sony imageworks, sony pictures imageworks vancouver jobs, Sony Imageworks Jobs, Sony imageworks Canada jobs, Sony imageworks vancouver jobs, Sony imageworks Studios is Hiring, Sony Imageworks is recruiting, Sony imageworks Recruitment, visual effect Jobs, gaming jobs, film jobs, movie jobs, artist jobs, 3d artist jobs, vfx artist jobs, Imageworks, Imageworks jobs, Software Engineer,