Software Developer: Character Animation – Digital Domain Vancouver
Reports To: Director of Software/R&D
Classification: Full Time
Purpose of the job:
At Digital Domain, we are developing industry-leading character and facial animation technology and tools. In films like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Tron: Legacy and Maleficent, we have created photo-realistic digital actors that have stood alongside real actors.
We are looking for software developers to help us further this technology. An ideal candidate should have most/all of these skills at the ready:
• Experience with character and facial rigging. You should be able to use and create rigs for
• A solid foundation in mathematics. This job will require that you be able to read, understand,
implement and make improvements on the latest research. You should be able to read a paper from SIGGRAPH and understand it. Specifically, understanding of optimization techniques and calculus is essential.
• A broad knowledge and curiosity about computer graphics is very important. We solve many, varied problems at Digital Domain. This job will not be about just character animation.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience Required:
• At least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Math / Physics
• Adept in both C++ and Python
• Experience with Maya- both using Maya, and writing Maya plug-ins
To apply for this position submit an application at www.digitaldomain.com/careers/
Please select Vancouver from the location drop down menu
Software Developer: Character Animation – Digital Domain Vancouver, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting