Digital Domain is seeking a Software Engineer to design, build and maintain multiple software systems. These systems control how artists find, use and transfer their data. Some involve databases, and some need to be migrated to databases. The position involves supporting both Windows and Linux systems in a high-availability, multi-site environment. Most of the work is in python, but the ability to compile and install proprietary and open-source packages is required. This work will be done in small teams, often across site boundaries. This software environment is fast paced and varied, with customers located onsite or in other locations; given that, strong problem-solving and communication skills are required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific tasks will change over time, but you can assume the following:
- Design and development work on applications connected to MySQL or PostGres databases, some of which may involve PyQt interfaces.
- Design and development work on python and PyQt applications which do not have database backends, but which should be migrated to new architectures involving databases.
- Database management of servers both local and remote. Responsible for ensuring data transfer and integrity between sites.
- Working with Pipeline Supervisors to help build dashboards and other tools for monitoring and improving data integrity and performance.
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of in-house pipeline and production support tools; setup and maintenance of build environments, release structures and coding standards to be used within the Digital Domain Software Department.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- 4+ years Python programming experience.
- 4+ years of SQL Database experience – MySQL, PostGres, etc preferred
- Experience with web servers and web server frameworks is a plus
- 2+ years Windows or Mac development at leading software company is a plus
- 2+ years backend experience in a large, database driven organization is a plus
- Computer Science degree preferred
- No previous visual effects or computer graphics experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary
For immediate consideration, please apply at http://www.digitaldomain.com/careers, and select VANCOUVER as the location.
Powered by WPeMatico