Position: Principal Systems Engineer (UNIX)
Principal Systems Engineer
Sony Pictures Imageworks Canada seeks qualified candidates to join its Systems Engineering department as a Principal Systems Engineer. Systems Engineering is responsible for first- and second-level support of 1,000+ users in a dynamic, high-performance production environment.
The Principal Systems Engineer will report to the Senior Project Manager.
- Designs, develops and enhances the hardware and software configuration of the organization’s production and editing systems.
- Designs software applications and tools to meet technical and creative requirements.
- Enhances or develops new technologies / techniques taking into account total system needs.
- Deploys new system features or functionality without interruption to production schedules.
- May direct the technical efforts of a project team during development and deployment.
- Participates with management in evaluating systems and applications and in developing systems standards.
- Accountable for designing and delivering state of the art production and editing systems technologies to the organization that create competitive advantage.
- Implements activities that impact the critical directions of the production. Typically assigned to the most critical and strategic / complex / high risk undertakings.
Knowledge / Problem Solving
- Recognized internally and externally as an expert in the field.
- Addresses design issues in a one to three year horizon.
- Develops industry-leading functionality for production and editing systems.
- Typically uses C++ and UNIX programming and scripting languages.
Negotiations / Interactions
- Interacts with a wide range of audiences to “evangelize” new ideas / technologies / solutions to gain acceptance.
Assignment of Work
- Receives work in the form of objectives that regularly require the use of innovation.
- Guides and mentors a wide range of audiences.
- May lead teams / projects.
The successful candidate possesses:
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to effectively communicate in a wide variety of contexts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to perform as an individual and on a team.
- Proven leadership and technical skills within a sophisticated IT infrastructure organization.
- Extensive experience with heterogeneous operating systems and computing/networking environments: Linux, Windows XP, Mac OS X.
- Experience with advanced networking media, protocols and topologies.
- Experience with Helpdesk and Inventory software.
- Experience working in the CG feature animation and visual effects industry.
- Work is subject to committee review at major milestones.
- Operates within the context of strategic objectives.
- Typically has 15 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
To apply send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sony Imageworks Vancouver seeks Principle Engineer, Sony Imageworks Vancouver Hiring Principle Engineer, 3d jobs, Animation jobs, hiring, job, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Vancouver, cg jobs, Sony imageworks, sony pictures imageworks vancouver jobs, Sony Imageworks Jobs, Sony imageworks Canada jobs, Sony imageworks vancouver jobs, Sony imageworks Studios is Hiring, Sony Imageworks is recruiting, Sony imageworks Recruitment, visual effect Jobs, gaming jobs, film jobs, movie jobs, artist jobs, 3d artist jobs, vfx artist jobs, Imageworks, Imageworks jobs, Principle Engineer,