CG Modelers – Star Trek Discovery – Cbs Television Prod. (Los Angeles)
Hardsurface Modeler – Mid/Senior Level
Organic/Character Modeler – Mid/Senior Level
Join our crew for the premiere season of STAR TREK DISCOVERY, a new live action series from CBS Television Productions.
You will work closely with the Asset Supervisor and Lead Modeler to create creating visually stunning 3D assets that both closely capture the look and artistic style of the concept art, as well as efficiently satisfy all technical and animation requirements.
A successful candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of technical hard surface subdivision-based modeling, and a solid familiarity with photorealistic asset creation within a feature film style pipeline. Artists will also be expected to work within the requirements of a Mari based texture pipeline (regarding UDIM-based UV layouts). Attention to detail along with a strong technical and artistic problem solving skill set are equally important for the position. Additionally, we are looking for candidates which encompass the ability to creatively problem solve, self manage, and generate content (with or without concept art) which satisfies a predefined visual design style. A strong familiarity with previous Star Trek titles is a bonus.
We are looking for an organic character modeler who demonstrates the proven ability to create production-ready, photorealistic creatures. A successful candidate’s portfolio will include highly believable creature/character work which demonstrates a keen eye for volume, silhouette, weight and anatomical accuracy. Furthermore, character assets should satisfy the technical requirements of rigging/animation, pertaining to proper deformations, range of motion, and clean topology practices. Experience and understanding of blendshapes creation and volume correctives are a bonus. Digital double work may also be required.
· 4+ years film and/or commercial experience as a mid/senior level modeler
· Strong technical modeling skills (extremely clean mesh, uvs, and scene organization are a must)
· Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
· Ability to receive, filter and efficiently act upon artistic and technical critiques
· Highly self motivated and able to work within a team environment
· Strong multitasking capabilities as well as ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks based on evolving project deadlines
· Texturing experience is a bonus, specifically within the Mari workflow
· Maya or equivalent 3d package
· Zbrush / Mudbox
· Mari (optional)
Please send RESUME and link to DEMO REEL or web page to the address below. Include CG MODELLER in subject line of email.
Star Trek Discovery Recruiting CG Modelers, Star Trek Discovery, Star Trek Discovery Vfx, Star Trek Discovery Animation, Star Trek Discovery hiring, Star Trek Discovery Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, Video Game jobs, Artist Jobs, Software Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Animation, hiring, 3D, 3D Animation, Jobs, Star Trek Discovery Recruiting, CG Modelers