Stereo D Recruiting Finaling (Paint/Composite) Artists
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
About Stereo D
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery. Formed in 2009 and acquired by Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. in 2011, the company works with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as TITANIC in 3D, THE AVENGERS, AVATAR, CAPTAIN AMERICA, and JACKASS 3D. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials.
Stereo D is a business run by filmmakers, valuing artistic excellence and speaking the language of film. Our production teams and artists are among the best in the business, driven by an innate passion for all things film. Our unique artist-centric environment enables our people the creative freedom to conceptually support the creative visions of directors, delivering the finest, most dynamic 3D imagery in entertainment.
Deluxe Entertainment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About this position:
As part of our Finaling Department, the Paint/Composite Artist is responsible for delivering the final shots after stereo conversion. Along with the essential Clean Plate and Paint skills, an eye for detail is a must. Quality Control is the name of the game!
Working with a team, including a lead artist and supervisors, the Paint/Compositing Artist must creatively interpret and apply artistic concepts. We’re looking for individuals with a good “stereo eye,” a strong understanding of 3-dimensional space (be it from previous stereo experience or from an artistic background), a working knowledge of Nuke/ After Effects & Photoshop, and a healthy dose of team spirit. Taking direction/critiques, interpreting notes and learning/applying new skills are key parts of everyday life in our studio.
Requirements & Preferences:
· US Work Authorization – Required – All applicants must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
· Knowledge and Experience with software packages such as Nuke, After Effects & Photoshop – Required
· Proficiency in Compositing & Clean Plate Preparation – Required
· Knowledge and Experience with Widows (PC) Production Environment – Required
· Knowledge of Practical Filmmaking Techniques – Required
· Excellent Artistic Ability/Aptitude – Required
· Knowledge of Stereo-related Terminology – Preferred (but we’ll teach you OUR lingo!)
· Previous Professional Experience in Stereoscopy – Preferred
· Accredited Post-Secondary Degree or Related Coursework – Preferred
Please email a resume, reel and reel breakdown to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Stereo D Recruiting Finaling (Paint/Composite) Artists, Stereo D, Stereo D Hiring, Stereo D job, Stereo D jobs, Stereo D Recruiting, Stereo D Studios, hiring, job, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs