Stereo D Recruiting 3D Depth Artist, Production Coordinator, Production Supervisor & Desktop Administrator
3D Depth Artist
About this position:
As part of our Depth Department, the depth artist is responsible for the stereo conversion of shots. Important aspects of this role include a good understanding of 3-dimensional space, an eye for detail, a good sense of quality control, and the ability to work well with others. Depth artist will receive critiques from leads and supervisors, and must be able to interpret and apply notes to match the overall artistic style of each project. Passion for your work, team spirit, and willingness to work with artistic direction are a definite plus!
Requirements and preferences:
Knowledge and experience with Nuke or comparable node-based compositing software
Knowledge and Experience with Windows (PC) Production Environment – Required
Artistic ability and aptitude for learning new processes and techniques
Knowledge of 3-dimensional space
Previous Professional Experience in Stereoscopy or VFX – Preferred
Accredited Post-Secondary Degree or Related Coursework – Preferred
We’re looking for the best in the business. If this sounds like you, please apply!
About this position:
The Production Coordinator is responsible for the assignment and tracking of tasks for assigned area of responsibility. Facilitates the movement of shots between teams, coordinates daily reviews, and communicates status updates to ensure the delivery of shots on schedule. Provides administrative support to the production management team and supervisors.
Under the guidance of the Production Supervisor, tracks progress of tasks for assigned artists or sequences in the production tracking system.
Maintains production tracking system with revisions, omits, and shot length changes; notifies the affected crew as needed.
Partners with other production personnel to ensure shots are scheduled and delivered in a timely manner.
Follows up with Artist Leads on a daily basis to ensure task deliveries remain on schedule; communicates any schedule changes to appropriate Artist Leads, Supervisors and Production team as needed.
Coordinates all client deliveries (outgoing and incoming), both physical deliveries and digital deliveries, with I/O Coordinator and maintains log of all deliveries.
Responsible for multiple dailies sessions each day, as well as client reviews.
Taking clear and accurate notes in all dailies and review sessions, and disseminating notes to all necessary parties and within production software.
Generates and maintains production reports; including nightly production updates for assigned projects.
Generally providing overall production support to the production management team.
Bachelor’s degree in film, art, communications or related field preferred.
2+ years proven production experience in established VFX facility.
Demonstrable experience in highly technical, dynamic departments is a must.
Experience with heavy schedule management in a very time sensitive atmosphere.
Must be diligent, resourceful, meticulous and able to thrive under pressure.
Thorough understanding of CG/VFX production pipelines, software packages and post-production is essential.
Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail coupled with exceptional people skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries.
Must be able to handle multiple changing priorities in a dynamic environment and understand how this impacts departmental schedules.
Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Proficient computer skills are required; with particular emphasis on Production Tracking Software and Asset Management, Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Office, and standard PC applications.
Knowledge of Nuke is helpful but not required.
Knowledge and understanding of stereoscopic production and 2D/3D conversion a plus.
About this position:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing teams of artists, production coordinators, production assistants, and the management of all aspects of our stereoscopic conversion workflow for feature film and other conversion projects working in conjunction with the Producer, Stereographers, production and executive management.
· Working alongside the Producer and with Studios, Vendors, Directors, Supervisors and Heads of Department in delivering both small and large-scale conversion projects.
· Creating schedules, tracking progress and reporting project updates, planning reviews and assessing the progression of established project plans.
· Maintaining production databases and communicating with other production teams in the shot planning processes.
· Managing and tracking client feedback, notes, and requirements as they pertain to each project.
· Providing information and support to the production management team.
· Overseeing and coordinating project specific I/O of media and information.
· Participation in artist, lead, and team evaluation process.
· 4+ years proven production experience in project management or supervision on feature film projects at an established VFX, post production or feature animation facility.
· Bachelor’s degree in film, art, communications or related field.
· Must be diligent, resourceful, meticulous and able to thrive under pressure.
· Thorough understanding of CG production pipelines, software packages and post-production is essential.
· Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail coupled with exceptional people skills and the ability to motivate within a team environment.
· Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries.
· Must be able to handle multiple changing priorities in a dynamic environment and understand how this impacts departmental schedules.
· Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams with excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Proficient computer skills are required; with particular emphasis on Production Tracking Software and Asset Management, Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Office, and standard Apple/MAC applications.
· Knowledge of Nuke is very helpful.
· Knowledge and understanding of stereoscopic production and 2D/3D conversion a plus.
We’re looking for the best in the business. If this sounds like you, please apply! This opportunity is for our studio location in Burbank, CA – in the heart of the entertainment industry!
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery. Formed in 2009, the company works with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as JURASSIC WORLD, ANT MAN, THE AVENGERS, JURASSIC PARK in 3D, TITANIC in 3D to name a few. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials.
Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Desktop Administrator at Stereo D reports to the VP of Technology. Responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting any workstations hardware and software related issues. The position also plays an integral role in assuring that artists are able to work and function on a productive level with minimal to no downtime due to technical complications.
*Works directly with Production Technology to assure all machines are working and productive
*Rollout updates and installs software on machines to help complete projects in a timely manner
*Provide fast, reliable and knowledgeable information regarding best practices on the production floor
*Represent the company in Compliance and Security in regards to technology requirements requested by Stereo D executive management and external vendors/auditors
*Proactively provide status updates on issues, maintenance, and out of compliance concerns to technology staff
*2+ years of desktop administration experience, including network administration and desktop support
*Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
*Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
*General networking knowledge and in-depth knowledge of common troubleshooting issues
*Familiarity of visual effects and post production ideal but not required
*Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Apply Via: https://stereod.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=4267734
Stereo D Recruiting 3D Depth Artist, Production Coordinator, Production Supervisor & Desktop Administrator, Stereo D, Stereo D hiring, Stereo D Vfx, Stereo D Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, 3D Jobs, CG Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, 3D Animation, Recruiting, Recruitment, Stereo D Recruiting, Stereo D Recruiting 3D Depth Artist, Stereo D Recruiting Production Coordinator, Stereo D Recruiting Production Supervisor, Stereo D Recruiting Desktop Administrator