Stereo D Recruiting Production Coordinator & Paint/Composite Artist
Location: Burbank, CA Date Posted: 10-30-2014 Apply Now
Position: Production Coordinator
Location: Burbank, CA
Facility: Stereo D
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as TITANIC in 3D, THE AVENGERS, AVATAR, CAPTAIN AMERICA, and JACKASS 3D. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials. Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., (www.bydeluxe.com) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. This position will be based in our Burbank facility.
Stereo D is a business run by filmmakers, valuing artistic excellence and speaking the language of film. Our production teams and artists are among the best in the business, driven by an innate passion for all things film. Our unique artist-centric environment enables our people the creative freedom to conceptually support the creative visions of directors, delivering the finest, most dynamic 3D imagery in entertainment.
About this position:
The Production Coordinator is responsible for the assignment and tracking of tasks for assigned area of responsibility. Facilitates the movement of shots between teams, coordinates daily reviews, and communicates status updates to ensure the delivery of shots on schedule. Provides administrative support to the production management team and supervisors.
• Under the guidance of the Production Supervisor, tracks progress of tasks for assigned artists or sequences in the production tracking system.
• Maintains production tracking system with revisions, omits, and shot length changes; notifies the affected crew as needed.
• Partners with other production personnel to ensure shots are scheduled and delivered in a timely manner.
• Follows up with Artist Leads on a daily basis to ensure task deliveries remain on schedule; communicates any schedule changes to appropriate Artist Leads, Supervisors and Production team as needed.
• Coordinates all client deliveries (outgoing and incoming), both physical deliveries and digital deliveries, with I/O Coordinator and maintains log of all deliveries.
• Responsible for multiple dailies sessions each day, as well as client reviews.
• Taking clear and accurate notes in all dailies and review sessions, and disseminating notes to all necessary parties and within production software.
• Generates and maintains production reports; including nightly production updates for assigned projects.
• Generally providing overall production support to the production management team.
• Bachelor’s degree in film, art, communications or related field preferred.
• 2+ years proven production experience in established VFX facility.
• Demonstrable experience in highly technical, dynamic departments is a must.
• Experience with heavy schedule management in a very time sensitive atmosphere.
• Must be diligent, resourceful, meticulous and able to thrive under pressure.
• Thorough understanding of CG/VFX production pipelines, software packages and post-production is essential.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail coupled with exceptional people skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
• Strong project management skills and a sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries.
• Must be able to handle multiple changing priorities in a dynamic environment and understand how this impacts departmental schedules.
• Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills are required; with particular emphasis on Production Tracking Software and Asset Management, Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Office, and standard PC applications.
• Knowledge of Nuke is very helpful
• Knowledge and understanding of stereoscopic production and 2D/3D conversion a plus.
Deluxe Entertainment Services (Stereo D) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply here:- email@example.com
About this position:
As part of our Finaling Department, the Paint/Composite Artist is responsible for delivering the final shots after stereo conversion. Along with the essential Clean Plate and Paint skills, an eye for detail is a must. Quality Control is the name of the game!
Working with a team, including a lead artist and supervisors, the Paint/Compositing Artist must creatively interpret and apply artistic concepts. We’re looking for individuals with a good “stereo eye,” a strong understanding of 3-dimensional space (be it from previous stereo experience or from an artistic background), a working knowledge of Nuke/ After Effects & Photoshop, and a healthy dose of team spirit. Taking direction/critiques, interpreting notes and learning/applying new skills are key parts of everyday life in our studio..
Requirements & Preferences:
Knowledge and Experience with software packages such as Nuke, After Effects & Photoshop – Required
Proficiency in Compositing & Clean Plate Preparation – Required
Knowledge and Experience with Widows (PC) Production Environment – Required
Knowledge of Practical Filmmaking Techniques – Required
Excellent Artistic Ability/Aptitude – Required
Knowledge of Stereo-related Terminology – Preferred (but we’ll teach you OUR lingo!)
Previous Professional Experience in Stereoscopy – Preferred
Accredited Post-Secondary Degree or Related Coursework – Preferred
We’re looking for the best in the business. If this sounds like you, please apply!
Apply here:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Stereo D Recruiting Production Coordinator & Paint/Composite Artist, Stereo D, Stereo D hiring, Stereo D Vfx, Stereo D Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, 3D Jobs, CG Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, 3D Animation, Recruiting, Recruitment, Stereo D Recruiting, Stereo D Recruiting Production Coordinator, Stereo D Recruiting Paint/Composite Artist