Stereo D Recruiting Render Technician
Stereo D Seeking a Render Technician
ABOUT STEREO D:
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery. Formed in 2009 and acquired by Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. in 2011, the company works with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as TITANIC in 3D, THE AVENGERS, AVATAR, CAPTAIN AMERICA, and JACKASS 3D. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials.
Stereo D is a business run by filmmakers, valuing artistic excellence and speaking the language of film. Our production teams and artists are among the best in the business, driven by an innate passion for all things film. Our unique artist-centric environment enables our people the creative freedom to conceptually support the creative visions of directors, delivering the finest, most dynamic 3D imagery in entertainment.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The Render TD is responsible for optimizing the production of intermediate and final images that make up our stereoscopic films. Successful applicant will use the render farm and StereoD’s in-house software tools for stereoscopic/VFX renders, and help troubleshoot any problems that exist. The Render TD provides technical support, innovation, and analysis to other departments to optimize and improve frame render times on our distributed servers. This position reports to StereoD’s VP of Production Technology.
• Monitor rendering of stereo images and intermediate renders for artists, clients, and vendors.
• Work with creative and technical leads to check images for defects and ensure that the highest quality standards are met.
• Debug/troubleshoot/optimize production renders and associated vendor content.
• Provide technical support to all of production services related to render workflow.
• Collect analytical data for rendering trends during the course of production; anticipate issues and implement solutions.
• Seek new methods to approach highest efficiency of TD workflow and render farm throughput.
• Coordinate with all departments to address technical issues in overlapping production schedules
• Must have strong drive to debug and solve problems and a good eye for visual details.
• Excellent Unix/Linux skills are a must; ability to script in C shell, Python, Perl is desirable.
• Excellent knowledge of rendering using Nuke/Digital Fusion render, Maya/SoftImage and MentalRay are desired.
• Excellent knowledge of render queue management software – PipelineFX Qube preferred.
• Training in computer science or experience as programmer is desirable.
• Experience in TV, film, games, (in both 2D and 3D), or other graphics production experience is preferred.
• Good written and verbal communication skills, including end user support and requirements gathering are required.
• Must be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline constraints.
• Must be a great starter, and always looking for ways to improve render workflow in StereoD.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and put “Render Technician” in the subject line.
Stereo D Recruiting Render Technician, Stereo D, Stereo D Hiring, Stereo D job, Stereo D jobs, Stereo D Recruiting, Stereo D Studios, hiring, job, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs