Lead World / Environment Artist
Gobo was founded as a boutique developer with the premise to GO Beyond Ordinary. So far we have been lucky enough to work with some amazing development teams and help augment their teams with our hugely talented people here at Gobo. We’ve been trusted with responsibility for full development of headline features by our partners – we’re proud that our partners can see and trust our total devotion to quality and excellence.
Gobo has supported Avalanche Software, based in Salt Lake City USA, on Disney Infinity – a major toys-to-life game from Disney Interactive which launched in August 2013. We were responsible for the Pirates of the Caribbean play set which is one of the three launch playsets for the platform – a major, headline, front-of-box feature. We have just completed development on the Guardians of the Galaxy playset for Disney Infinity 2.0.
We’re now looking for an experienced World/Environment Artist with Principle or Lead experience to join us on our current project.
· Make a significant direct contribution to the creation of AAA world art, level design and lighting
· Input into defining look and feel and communicate art style principles to the world team
· Lead by example. Demonstrate, communicate and exemplify clear expectations for quality
· Proactively assist in defining art pipelines and best practices against industry benchmarks
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise Required:
· Prior experience as Principal / Lead, with at least one shipped AAA title to your credit at this level
· Ideally a First in Fine Art, Computer Animation, Digital Media Design or relevant degree
· Experience in AAA character action games with a stylised aesthetic
· Exceptional portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of ability and traditional drawing skills
· Solid understanding of 2D/3D art packages: Photoshop, Maya, Z-Brush etc
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to design, prototype, model, texture and light beautiful and immersive stylised worlds
· A generalist creative and technical skillset that reaches beyond the remit of world art
· Demonstrable time management and organisational skills
· Enthusiastic team player, positive and outgoing personality
· A passion for video games, art and a commitment to personal development
· A creative thinker with strong problem solving skills
To apply please send your CV and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Studio Gobo Recruiting Lead World / Environment Artist, Studio Gobo, Studio Gobo hiring, Studio Gobo Vfx, Studio Gobo Jobs, Vfx Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Studio Gobo Recruiting, Studio Gobo Recruiting Lead World / Environment Artist