MPC Hiring Systems Administrator for New York Studio
MPC is one of the world’s leading post production facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for the advertising, music, television and feature film industries. The company works with and continually invests in new technologies, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team which develops and maintains the infrastructure on which all the visual effects are created.
Systems Administrator needed for MPC New York
There is currently a vacancy for the position of Systems Administrator. Reporting to the Head of Technology, this role offers the successful candidate unlimited potential to advance technical skills, offers experience with state-of-the-art technology and opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues.
The Administrator works in collaboration with VFX Supervisors, Compositing Supervisors, 3D Animators and Production staff to advise management and clients.
- Ensure systems run reliably according to production needs.
- Installation, deployment, and troubleshooting of common VFX tools and internally developed tools including Baselight, Flame, Maya, Nuke.
- Integrate off the shelf and custom applications into production pipelines.
- Responsible for infrastructure including Tractor based Renderfarm with netbooted Linux render nodes, Isilon Storage Cluster, Linux Servers and Workstations, Network Equipment, etc.
- Work and communicate with London headquarters and counterparts in other MPC offices around the globe.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in VFX products and practices.
- Work with artists and producers to understand individual projects to serve as an expert resource and advise on technology related issues, and ways to streamline workflows and deliver jobs within budget and technical limitations.
- Direct support of end users. workstation deployment, monitor calibrations, general IT issues including email and Internet access.
- Develop and enhance all stages of the pipeline.
Required and Desired Experience/Skills:
- System Administration experience with an emphasis on UNIX/Linux.
- Familiarity with Python and UNIX Shell scripting. Tcsh, Perl, PyQt, C++ a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL Databases. MySQL and Postgres experience a plus.
- Experience with scale strongly preferred. (Renderfarms, Clusters, Clouds, Enterprise, etc.)
- Strong understanding of storage and networking. NFS, Isilon storage cluster, Alcatel + HP switch configuration, Flame/Smoke Stonefs framestore, Aspera experience all strong plusses.
- Understanding of VFX tools and pipelines. Some understanding of Color Science and Colorspaces.
If you are interested, please email your resume to email@example.com
Systems Administrator needed for MPC New York, 3d jobs, Animation jobs, hiring, job, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, Visual Effects Jobs, MPC Hiring Systems Administrator for New York Studio, MPC Recruiting, MPC, mpc hiring, MPC jobs, vfx, cg, cgi, 3d job, animation job, Systems Administrator Jobs, Systems Administrator job,