A Technical Director (TD) provides critical support to a show’s artists and department heads. A Technical Director will design, develop, and implement new tools and processes for a particular show or department. As needed, a Technical Director may be asked to do shot work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
- Assist animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering.
- Support and work with multiple departments, including Modeling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and Research and Development.
- Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
- Work closely with other Technical Directors, Production Supervisors, VFX Supervisors, and Production Engineering to maintain and further the production pipeline.
- Assist in training and mentoring of other Entry Level Technical Directors.
- Reports to the show’s Supervising Technical Director.
- Production experience in computer animation, visual effects, or game industry.
- Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines.
- Experience with two or more of the following software packages required; Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Arnold, Katana, RV.
- Some knowledge of Linux required.
- Strong programming skills. Proficiency in C++, Object Oriented Programming, Python desired.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups. Ability to communicate in English and Mandarin preferred.
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
Please send your resume to email@example.com if you are interested in this position.