Telltale Games Recruiting Technical Artist
The areas of responsibility for Technical Artists include setting up and maintaining the art production workflow and making decisions about which art packages and tools a studio should use. Technical Artists will be responsible for investigating new techniques and implementing them within the team. The job often includes an instructional element, with the Technical Artist sharing their knowledge with other artists via training and mentoring sessions.
The Technical Artist typically works one step removed from the direct creation of game art assets, setting up the systems of production as well as solving problems as they arise. It is crucial for the Technical Artist to keep up-to-date with changes in technology, both regarding console hardware, art packages, and new techniques. The Technical Artist is expected to be able to create custom tools to improve the efficiency of their team. These tools are usually carried out using the scripting languages included in the modeling and animation packages.
Technical Artists will play a key role in providing feedback or debugging complex assets. They will also research and oversee the implementation of rendering techniques such as BPR maps, particle systems, and pixel shaders, etc.
• Maintain and improve technologies and art workflows.
• Identify art workflow problems, and work with Technical Producers, SME’s, CG Sups and TA’s to solve them.
• Establish and enforce naming conventions within assets, tools, and workflows
• Integrate new technologies (internal and external) into art workflows.
• Interact with other artists/TA’s on a daily basis to identify challenges and provide solutions.
• Accountable for asset delivery on time and meeting budget (memory and performance).
• Accountable for continuous asset build stability.
• At least 1 -3 years games/animation/FX production experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of CG fundamentals: modeling, texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering, compositing.
• Understanding of various gaming hardware platform limitations regarding visual assets.
• Advanced understanding of at least one 3D package, preferably Maya or Houdini.
• Intermediate scripting experience with Python
• Proficiency with C# or C++ is preferred
• Excellent aptitude for troubleshooting CG issues
• Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• Excellent communication skills, with a willingness and confidence to provide a bridge between artists and software engineers.
• Experience with commercial or propriety games editors e.g. Unreal, Unity etc.
For immediate consideration, send resume to email@example.com
Telltale Games Recruiting Technical Artist, Electronic Arts Games, Electronic Arts Games hiring, Electronic Arts Games Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Electronic Arts Games Recruiting, Technical Artist