What comes to your mind when I say “white clay model”? Do you start painting it with colours and applying different techniques to make it look unique? Are you creating textures so it looks more realistic?
Piranha Games has an exciting opportunity for a Texture Artist to be part of our talented Art team. This position is a contract position for 5 months. In this role, you will be expected to create high quality texture maps and work closely with other Artists. You will bring with you a solid background in the creation of organic and hard-surface textures, and the ability to take direction from Art Director.
- Work closely with Artists to create and implement their assets into the game
- Edit and generate UV’s and AO maps
- Under the Art Director’s guidance, establish and achieve the desired style and visual look
- Collaborate with the Technical Artists and Rendering Engineers to provide feedback on and improve the material technology, tools, and workflows
- Ensure the quality, consistency, scalability, and performance of the surface style, texture, and material libraries
- Participate as a proactive team member to further team and project goals
- Proficiency with Art software including 3dsMax, Photoshop, and Mudbox
- Familiar with projection painting in Mudbox
- Proficient in hard-surface Texturing materials
- Previous experience creating high quality textures for PC and/or console games
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Strong traditional art and digital painting skills
- Traditional architectural knowledge
- Experience with CryEngine shader system
If this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, we invite you to submit your resume through our Online Application System – http://piranhagames.com/#CAREERS. For more information about Piranha Games, please visit our website at www.piranhagames.com.
We thank you for your interests in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.