The Third Floor, Inc (Los Angeles) – Seeking a Lead Technical Artist
The Third Floor Los Angeles is looking for a Lead Technical Artist.
The Third Floor was founded to help inspired filmmakers realize their creative visions. By creating highly detailed previsualizations, our animators & artists hold an impactful role in the film-making process. At The Third Floor, we work together on some of Hollywood’s biggest films.
The ideal candidate will come with extensive Unreal Engine (and preferably other game engine) experience. They will work closely alongside teams working on game-engine projects for Film, TV, Gaming and VR, and work with our Technology team to help develop tools and methodologies.
● Work closely with producers and artists to define technical specifications for projects
● Technical supervision and support on game engine projects for a variety of delivery platforms
● Ensure art assets can be smoothly integrated into game engines while preserving the artistic integrity and performance
● Optimization of game engine projects
● Establish and manage workflows for Game Engine projects
● Work with the TTF Technology Group on integrating game-engine tools into the current pipeline
● Work with the Executive Producer to help scope and bid upcoming game engine projects
● Be able to provide good time estimates of completion of tasks when required and demonstrate an understanding of game assets (through active involvement in continued assessment) to ensure everything is up to date and in working order
● Keep up to pace with the state-of-the-art in game engines and VR
● Investigate new technologies and evaluate them for TTF’s workflow
● Strong Unreal Engine experience
● Strong Experience with Maya
● Experience with Unreal Matinee
● Experience with Substance Designer/Painter a plus
● Mastery of more than one technical art domains: shaders, high-quality visual effects, particle systems, advanced lighting systems, etc.
● Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations.
● Able to think “outside” the box, to be able to consider solutions that might not work for a game
● Experience in Unity a plus
● Worked on several published AAA titles
● Python, Mel or C++ experience a plus
● VR experience a plus
● Possess technical proficiency in game engine shader creation, texturing and lighting
● Proven attention to detail and focus on quality
● Demonstrate a logical thought process to problem solving
● Strong eye for detail
● Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
● Ability to work within a team and also under own initiative, keeping the team informed of changes and other important issues.
● Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis
● Strong time management & organization skills
● Ability to assess technical challenges and come up with creative solutions
To apply for the role please visit our recruitment website address at [email protected]
The Third Floor Recruiting Lead Technical Artist, Third Floor VFX, The Third Floor Hiring, The Third Floor jobs, The Third Floor Recruiting, The Third Floor Studios, hiring, jobs, CG, CGI, The Third Floor Recruiting, The Third Floor Recruiting Lead Technical Artist