Tippett Studio Recruiting Computer Graphics Supervisor
We are currently seeking to fill our CG Supervisor position. Please see below for the job description and application process:
Computer Graphics Supervisor
The CG Supervisor is a key production position chartered to determine technical and artist workflow approach towards realizing look of the film requirements for
a film production. This person will work closely with the creative team and R&D to solve creative and technical problems as discovered during the course of production. Additionally, this role is positioned to provide vision and guidance towards building and optimizing production pipeline tools and workflow.
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• Works with VFX supervisors on the aesthetic and technical development of technologically driven look issues.
• Works with VFX supervisors and Producers on bidding future projects.
• Responsible for pipeline creation and improvement.
• Helps define which show specific ‘hacks’ deserve further development to become efficiently integrated pipeline ‘tools.’
• Helps with the prioritization of R&D and Infrastructure projects on an ongoing basis.
• Works with other CG Supervisors to prioritize show projects vs. projects for the studio as a whole.
• Supervise Leads and Technical Leads in focusing efforts to improve overall production pipeline, making it more efficient and user-friendly.
• Work with VFX Supervisor and Producer on determining which technical procedures are most appropriate for creating shot specific imagery.
• Design technical procedures that efficiently balance amount of screen time with amount of development effort.
• Supervise the implementation of procedures by directing the design and creation of software tools, programmers, technical directors, etc.
• Direct Tech support group: Render Wranglers, Lead technical positions in: TD, Art, FX, Comp, Puppet, Animation, Match Move.
• Direct projects to completion with a visible schedule.
• Support VFX supervisor and Department leads with Aesthetic and Technical input.
• Work on technically challenging shots as and when deemed necessary
• Eliminate technological hurdles that endanger the production schedule.
• Continually re-evaluate and improve procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, knowledge, and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Film, Art or Computer Graphics or related field with a minimum of 7 years in the visual effects or computer graphics industry.
• Proficiency and understanding of all major components used in the creation of visual effects with an expert level knowledge in at least 3 of the following areas:
Maya, Houdini, Particle Systems, Renderman, Mental Ray, Shader Writing, Shake, Python, C++, Color Theory.
• Ability to work on shots and achieve director’s vision
• Ability to write design documents and facilitates the needs of artists and programmers.
• Ability to lead a team of programmers to create tools for artists.
• Proven ability to lead others and communicate effectively.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume.
Tippett Studio Recruiting Computer Graphics Supervisor, Tippett Creative Internship Program 2013, Tippett Creative Internship Program, Tippett Creative Internship Application 2013, Internship, Internship Program, Tippett, Tippett job, Tippett jobs