ToonBox Entertainment Recruiting Overseas Animation Supervisor
Overseas Animation Supervisor
Position: Overseas Animation Supervisor
Reports to: Animation Director / Animation Supervisor at Toonbox Entertainment
The Overseas Animation Supervisor is responsible for overseeing animation efforts related to the casting and blocking of shots, animation reviews/dailies and the delivery of approved and/or revised shots on time to meet weekly quota expectations for the overseas animators, with varying levels of experience.
The Overseas Animation Supervisor is also expected to partner and collaborate with the Animation Director, CG Supervisor, and other department Supervisors to ensure that assets, staging, camera work and character intent is fully understood prior to the onset of animation to ensure successful execution of animation by his/her team.
The Overseas Animation Supervisor is responsible for partnering with the Animation Director in animation launches (which may include translating the storyboards and/or director’s launch of a sequence/shot from layout into animation). It will also include reviews of character performances while overseeing his/her animation team to ensure that the motivation and acting adheres to the filmic language and goals established for the project as well as maintains a consistent style and coherent level of continuity – both visually and technically – throughout the duration of the production. He or she produces work (character animation) in a fast paced, CG environment using Maya and a suite of proprietary software for any Toonbox projects as required by the studio.
All Directors, Supervisors, Leads, and Artists, pending skillset, may be required to assist other asset/shot departments such as modeling, character finaling, lighting/composite with hands-on shot work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· To collaborate with the Director/Animation Director/Supervisors/Lead Artists to explore and develop the visual storytelling, primarily that of acting
· To listen to the director’s verbal description/launch of sequences and shots and realize character action/pacing/mood/cinematography in visual form
· To lead and proactively provide support to the animation team (inclusive of other animation leads) which includes troubleshooting and/or obtaining appropriate resolution to any aesthetic or technical issues as they arise to keep production moving forward
· To create new and interesting ideas to capture both the activity and the emotional intent of the scene
· To present and lead the visual direction of animated sequences via contributing to sequence production while concurrently overseeing a team of animators
· To manage and assist with the recruitment of animation talent to ensure the highest quality of artists at the overseas studio.
· To organize and manage timelines to ensure all sequences /shots are cast, completed and submitted on schedule
· To revise, edit and modify animation/shots as indicated by the director or creative team
· To implement various computer programs to enhance the visual presentation of ideas for the scene or for effectively capturing the director’s ideas for shots/sequences
· To assist with visual exploration, research, and/or creation of design (character/environments/props) as may be required to further foster the creative collaboration at the studio
· To maintain awareness of the broader show needs as they relate to aspects of art and design and related revisions which include, but are not limited, to stereoscopy
· To work in adherence to budget and schedule constraints while maintaining continuity within the story, cinematography, aesthetics, acting/mood
· To assist in training and mentoring of Entry Level artists as required
· To familiarize and test production pipeline tools, workflow and processes in support of studio projects and pipeline growth
· To ensure quality control via verifying that all shots follow policies and guidelines prior to moving into next stage of production
· To maintain a diplomatic, positive attitude that fosters professional collaboration within the animation department as well as across the various disciplines
· To work and collaborate with Technical Directors, Production Supervisors, CG/VFX Supervisors, and Production Engineering to maintain and further the production pipeline
Required Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Film, Art, relevant field or equivalent experience desired
· A strong working knowledge of 2D and 3D animation principles, for both cameras and CG characters
· Strong drawing skills
· A strong working knowledge of the principles of cinematic staging, blocking and camera work
· A strong working knowledge of working overseas
· A good working knowledge of Maya and Unix/Linux
· Good working knowledge of stereoscopic production methodologies
· Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and take direction easily and be willing to participate as a member of a team as well as to work independently as required
· Proven leadership skills within an Animation Department on animated feature productions
Apply here:- email@example.com
ToonBox Entertainment Recruiting Overseas Animation Supervisor, ToonBox Entertainment, ToonBox Entertainment Vfx, ToonBox Entertainment hiring, ToonBox Entertainment Studio, ToonBox Entertainment Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, ToonBox Entertainment Recruiting, ToonBox Entertainment Recruiting Overseas Animation Supervisor