ToonBox Entertainment Recruiting Render Wranglers & VFX Artists
Render Wranglers (RW’s) are responsible for providing 24×7 support of the studio’s rendering efforts. RWs monitor and load balance the render farm, assist with crashed and erred jobs, and participate in the day-to-day management of render farm hosts. Provide rendering support for all departments and divisions, including: Previz, Animation, Lighting and VFX.
RWs can also assist monitoring data transfers across various file system hierarchies and initiate data moves to balance disk utilization. Other responsibilities include answering the Render Desk hotline, escalating urgent studio support issues after hours and responding to all Support tickets assigned to the department.
Render Farm Management:
• Detect and troubleshoot failed jobs
• Follow-up crashed jobs and jobs killed because they were hung
• Monitor, diagnose and resolve/escalate malfunctioning farm hosts
• Keep the render farm running at maximum capacity
• Monitor file systems for space availability
• Monitor render farm I/O utilization
• Request changes in storage volume sizes as needed
• Identify and report trends and potential problems
• Monitor render blade local disk caches and clear caches
• where necessary
• Monitor software license utilization on render farm
Render Queue Management:
• Monitor the XRender render queue
• Monitor the XRender Dispatcher operation
• Update and maintain the XRender job priorities according to Production
• Assist artists with (python) job submissions and job errors
• Respond to all render-related Support Request Tickets
• Work with production to forecast render resource needs
Render Pipeline Management:
• Update shot directories, libraries and servers
• Run Linux and Perl scripts to convert proprietary script files into images, movie and video files
• Render, inspect and fix frames for multiple concurrent productions
• Provide render time estimates to producers, directors and animators for dailies
• Monitor studio infrastructure servers and escalate problems
• Answer and escalate Studio Help Desk calls after hours and on weekends
• After hours and weekend render farm support
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to meet critical deadlines
• Ability to react and respond quickly to the needs of Production
• Proven pro-active team player
• Self motivated with ability to prioritize and attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate with Supervisors and strong desire to excel
• Knowledge of Deadline, Photoshop and other frame checking software
• Able to work very flexible hours, potentially on weekends or nights.
• Proficient in 3dLight
• Good knowledge of Maya, Houdini, Nuke
• Scripting knowledge a definite asset
Apply here:- email@example.com
POSITION: Effects Artist
The Effects Artist creates (and may support) a variety of visual effects that support the story and visual style of a computer-generated feature.
Interpret verbal direction and visual reference to understand the story context and aesthetic objectives for visual effects.
Collaborate with supervisors and peers in the design, execution, and delivery of effects elements
Troubleshoot creative and technical issues.
Support integration of effects into other departments’ workflows.
Assist in training and supporting other artists
Experience with effects simulations in features, television, or equivalent.
Understands procedural workflows.
Comfortable using Maya + Houdini. 3Delight (or Prman) and RealFlow are pluses.
Familiar with effects lighting, rendering, and compositing techniques.
A good eye for composition, motion, and other aesthetics.
Strong communication and collaboration skills. Able to understand and take direction and criticism.
Resourceful: able to troubleshoot, solve problems, and find workarounds as appropriate.
Modeling, surfacing, and lighting experience are pluses.
Programming and/or scripting skills are big pluses.
Salary: Yearly: min. $55000 max. $85000 for 40.0 hours per week
Benefits Other Benefits,Medical Benefits,Dental Benefits,Life Insurance Benefits,Group Insurance Benefits,Vision Care Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Effects: 5 years
Apply here:– firstname.lastname@example.org
ToonBox Entertainment Recruiting Render Wranglers & VFX Artists, ToonBox Entertainment, ToonBox Entertainment Vfx, ToonBox Entertainment hiring, ToonBox Entertainment Studio, ToonBox Entertainment Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, ToonBox Entertainment Recruiting, ToonBox Entertainment Recruiting Render Wranglers, ToonBox Entertainment Recruiting VFX Artists