ToonBox Entertainment Recruiting Senior Character Rigger
Senior Character Rigger
Company: ToonBox Entertainment
Location: Toronto (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
ToonBox riggers utilize Maya to create flexible and efficient rigs for an assigned show. The Lead Rigger must anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any model performance issues, provide support to more junior team members, delegate team assignments, work with production to prioritize tasks, work with other creative and technical Leads to assist with troubleshooting, job bids and quota assignments, and ensure overall adherence to all production pipeline protocols. On certain shows, the Lead Rigger may be assigned with more responsibilities for the entire rigging department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Utilize Maya to create flexible and efficient rigs (including facial shapes) for an assigned show that meet all technical and creative requirements and are compatible within the production pipeline.
• Maintain a convention of naming structures and animation control structures for all rigs and ensure that Maya files are clean and optimized.
• Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any rigging performance issues with assistance from key stakeholders.
• Provide support to more junior team members by providing artistic direction and assisting with technical
• Ensure overall adherence to all pipeline protocols.
• Provide input during design/development/modeling phases.
• Adhere to Production Protocols with respect to scheduling and task assignment on any assigned show, including directives from assigned APM/PM.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years CG rigging experience in a Maya production environment, with advanced knowledge of Maya’s rigging techniques, including the ability to create customized rigs.
• Complete understanding and ability to demonstrate latest knowledge in rig optimization.
• Experience in developing new rigging systems including, but not limited to, facial skull and squash, blendShapes (facial and body), PSDs, clothing rigs, hair rigs, including components that are expected to undergo full dynamic simulation.
• Modeling skills, including familiarity with modeling software (ZBrush, Mudbox, etc.).
• Software knowledge of Maya: intermediate-to-senior MEL and Python scripting abilities.
• Intermediate-to-senior dynamic simulation knowledge.
• Great comprehension of the animation production pipeline as a whole with an understanding of adjacent department workflows, as well as how rigging interacts with the overall production process.
• Experience working in Linux and Windows environments • Strong creative and technical problem solving skills with the ability to check own work.
• Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work productively and the willingness to take initiative either independently or in a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform to a high standard in a fast-paced environment.
• High levels of independence and reliability.
• Strong understanding of character anatomy (including facial expressions), and an artistic understanding of motion and behavior.
• Good understanding of animation styles and techniques as well as an excellent comprehension of CG animation production for film and/or television.
• Strong background in traditional art with an excellent sense of perspective, form, proportion, and scale.
Please send your material with appropriate documentation to the following address:
Attention: ToonBox Careers
ToonBox Entertainment Ltd.
26 Richardson St. Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5A 4J9
Submit by email to:
ToonBox Entertainment Recruiting Senior Character Rigger, cgi, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx jobs, Reel FX jobs, ToonBox Entertainment hiring, jobs, 3d job, cg job, vfx job, job