Trainer – Digital Domain Vancouver
Job Title: Trainer
Reports to: Director of HR and Recruiting
Classification: Full time, Staff
Date: August 2015
Purpose of the job:
The Trainer is responsible for organizing and executing immediate and long term employee professional development programs. The Training Specialist will provide general training across multiple disciplines. The Trainer will be responsible for developing curriculum in specific disciplines (to be determined based on their skills and needs of the company).
· New hire training and orientation
· Develop various discipline curriculum and individual lesson plans
· Work with subject matter experts in departments to develop training on new software and show-based procedures
· Provide cross training between departments/productions
· Provide training to employees at various DD locations
· Continuing education to enhance employees’ skill sets
· Participate with School Outreach Program
· Facilitate and coordinate Internship Program in partnership with artist management and recruiting
· Conduct tours of facility on occasion
These goals are accomplished by individual and classroom training sessions, coordination of informational seminars and lectures, and creation and maintenance of web-based tutorials and documentation.
The Trainer will work closely with Production and Software departments as new proprietary processes or applications are developed. The trainer will test, develop documentation and prepare for training artists in these tools.
The Trainer will need to get up to speed on many existing proprietary applications already being used within the facility.
Education and/or Experience Required:
· BS or equivalent experience in Digital Animation, Education, Computer Science, Math, or related field
· Experience with various 3D software packages: Maya, Nuke, Mari, Houdini, Katana, Arnold preferred
· Experience with training in both group settings & 1-1 sessions
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
· Excellent computer/technical skills
· Highly skilled at public speaking/articulation & very comfortable in front of a group
· Knowledge of LINUX and Windows operating systems
· Experience with HTML/web page creation
· Strong writing skills
· Organized, detail-oriented
· Good interpersonal skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
· Good at multi-tasking and juggling multiple assignments
· Valid passport and ability to travel between US/Canada
· BS or equivalent experience in Digital Animation, Education, Computer Science, Math, or related field.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
Office working environment
Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain 3.0, Inc management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
To apply for this position submit an application at www.digitaldomain.com/careers/
Please select Vancouver from the drop down location menu
Trainer – Digital Domain Vancouver, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting