Video Gaming Technologies Recruiting 3D Artist
Creates high quality digital graphics and animations, including animations, models, logos, symbols, special effects, etc. for a variety of gaming projects.
Key Performance Competencies
· Adaptability/Flexibility/Attention to Detail – must be willing to perform duties in a proactive manner, be willing to follow technical specifications, be adaptable to pipeline approaches and the limitations of various game engines
· Creativity/Continuous Improvement – must be willing to learn new software and improve quality
· Teamwork/Collaboration – must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written (must be able to work with MS Office products) and participate actively in the agile planning process
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop artwork and animation for video-based gaming projects
· Develop vector based artwork for gaming signage
· Design, conceptualize and storyboard artwork and animation (digital and/or traditional)
· Schedule and manage time efficiently – work with agile development leaders to plan work
· Assist other artists or projects, mentor if required and perform other duties as needed
· Various production duties including (but not limited to):
o Game Documentation
o Game Prototyping
o Tradeshow artwork support
o Research and recommend improvements to existing pipelines
Special Applicant Requirements
Candidates must be prepared to do a work test in the screening process. Candidates asked to interview on site will be required to participate in a real work scenario.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands of typical office positions are expected. The ability to sit and perform terminal/computer work for lengthy periods is expected. This is a non-smoking office environment.
Technical Skills Required
· Must have competent working knowledge of 2 of the 4 Adobe Products (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Flash) and extensive knowledge of 1 of the Adobe Products.
· Working knowledge of MAYA/MAX required (preference given to Maya users).
· Extensive knowledge and professional working experience with 3D modeling, texturing, animation and character rigging, lighting and rendering.
· A reasonable understanding of plugins, shaders and exporting processes required.
· Relevant experience with 3D gaming pipelines required.
· Working knowledge or experience in UNITY and Z Brush desirable.
· Ability to sketch or draw (digital or traditional) concepts and ideas, storyboarding, required.
· Base understanding of anatomy, color theory and composition required.
· Flexibility with various artistic styles.
Education, Training and Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent, plus a Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent work experience in 2D/3D animation, graphic design or video games
· 4-5 years work experience in digital media and design or video games or casino gaming
Apply here:- https://vgt-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=43&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992361&company_id=16821&version=1&byBusinessUnit=NULL&bycountry=0&bystate=0&byRegion=NULL&bylocation=NULL&keywords=&byCat=NULL&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes
Video Gaming Technologies Recruiting 3D Artist, vfx jobs, Dovetail Games, cg jobs, Dovetail Games Los Angeles, Dovetail Games, 3d, cgi, Pipeline TD – Mid, Modeling/Texturing Artists, CG Supervisor, Stereo Conversion Artist, GUI Artist, Technical Designer, Technical Artist, Environmental Artist, 3D Artist, 3D Artist III