Volta – CG Sup Lead Lighting are also invited to apply
Job title: CG Supervisor
Supervision: Production VP
City: Quebec City
Stolo is recruiting for VOLTA (Frima Fx) ! Frima pursues its international development strategy by merging two of its flagship divisions: Frima Fx, specializing in visual effects, and VOLTA, internationally renowned for its 2D and 3D visual development services. This new structure, which will maximize the synergy between the two divisions, will operate under the VOLTA banner. This unique offering made possible by the union of exceptional creativity and impeccable technical execution allows us to stand out from the market and allow our transmedia expertise to shine. VOLTA’s strong identity, international reputation, and extensive network will make it possible for Frima Fx’s exceptional talents to reach their full potential by bringing to fruition the studio’s current large-scope projects, namely in the fields of movies and video game cinematics.
As CG Supervisor, you will be tasked with overseeing the production of 3D content, of establishing the artistic approach and the technical requirements for the delivery of a 3D animation project. In collaboration with other department heads, you will be responsible for guiding and managing the team. You will be directly involved in various spheres of production to ensure that all of your team’s objectives are attained.
More specifically, you will:
· Work in close collaboration with the Animation & VFX VP and other department heads to find the best ways to tackle challenges and overcome the technical restrictions of your project, all without compromising on visual quality;
· In collaboration with the Production department heads, maintain relations with clients and handle day-to-day communication;
· With the Production department heads’ help, manage your team’s assignments, mentoring, supervision, and coaching, both creative and technical;
· Anticipate, analyze and troubleshoot technical issues, both potential and existing;
· Act as main technical resource and collaborate efficiently with other departments and supervisors;
· Always be available to answer questions pertaining to the technical pitfalls of ongoing projects;
· Actively participate in status, department and team meetings;
· Mentor and train employees in your field of expertise;
· Perform occasional training tasks (skill sharing) within Frima’s Continuing Education Program.
· Solid experience in 3D postproduction: at least 5 years in the movie industry, CG production;
· Experience in team management (more than 2 years as Team Lead and/or Supervisor);
· Proactive, leadership skills, and the ability to supervise a team;
· Great communication skills, both oral and written (French/English);
· Advanced technical skills;
· In-depth knowledge of Shotgun an asset;
· In addition to his primary field of expertise, the applicant must understand the workings of the 3D department under his supervision:
· Good general knowledge of the workings of Maya, Houdini, Nuke and 3Delight;
· Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines while delivering high-quality results.
* Permanent position * Flexible schedule * Casual, stimulating work environment * Frequent social events * Insurance program * Group RRSP * Free monthly RTC bus pass and access to Communauto * Sick/personal days * Fresh fruit every day * Gaming/rest areas and on-site massages * Original performance bonuses * Work/family conciliation program*
YOU CAN APPLY BY SENDING ME YOUR RESUME AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volta Recruiting CG Supervisor, Volta, Volta Vfx, Volta hiring, Volta Jobs, Volta Studio, Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Vfx, 3D, hiring, 3D Animation, Volta Recruiting, Volta Recruiting CG Supervisor