VP of Technology at Stereo D
Position: VP – Technology
Location: Burbank, CA
Facility: Stereo D
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of 3D storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as GODZILLA, CAPTAIN AMERICA, TITANIC in 3D, THE AVENGERS, AVATAR, CAPTAIN AMERICA, and JACKASS 3D. The company also provides end-to-end 3D production services on feature films, television productions and commercials. Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., (www.bydeluxe.com) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.
Stereo D is a business run by filmmakers, valuing artistic excellence and speaking the language of film. Our production teams and artists are among the best in the business, driven by an innate passion for all things film. Our unique artist-centric environment enables our people the creative freedom to conceptually support the creative visions of directors, delivering the finest, most dynamic 3D imagery in entertainment.
We currently have an opening for a VP of Technology. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
The VP of Technology will be responsible for the daily supervision of the technology team. As a senior technical member they will also participate in facility wide strategic planning.
• Provide technical leadership for the design, development/implementation of integrating legacy and new technologies.
• Keeping up to date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment.
• Design, supervise and execute comprehensive IT policies and processes.
• Create and manage annual capital expenditure budgets for the department through ordering and acquisition of budgeted items.
• Provide forecasting and guidance on quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis.
• Responsible for staffing and training technology department.
• Supervise departmental planning and resources.
• Develop and implement extensive back-up and recovery pipeline, including hardware and software networking to ensure efficient and dependable redundancy for all critical production files.
• Negotiate with technology partners to leverage emerging technologies.
• Oversee Render Management Department.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or related field required.
• 7+ years managing technology in a post-production environment.
• Must have a thorough understanding of VFX pipeline tools and enabling technologies.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff.
• Thorough knowledge of the WINDOWS, LINUX, AND Macintosh Production Environments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to balance many conflicting requirements under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
· Strong management mentoring skills
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.
VP of Technology at Stereo D, Stereo D Hiring, Stereo D job, Stereo D jobs, Stereo D Recruiting, Stereo D Studios, hiring, job, jobs