Wanted: Modeller – Nerd Corps Entertainment (Vancouver)
Wanted: Modeller for CG Animation Studio
About the position:
The Modeller has exceptional skills and experience in Modeling, texturing and weighting in XSI. They excel at creating high calibre work while at the same time meeting production deadlines. They take direction well and are good communicators.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Create and texture geometry consistent with production designs of sets, props, and characters.
- Apply basic rigs and weight models.
- Can models for production use.
- Render images of the models you create for approval/circulation.
- Complete all work assigned within the scheduled timeframe and in an efficient manner.
- Remain current in modeling and production techniques.
- Stay up-to-date on production related software.
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Experience in television or game production as a Modeller.
- Degree/Diploma in fine arts or 3D Modeling.
- Proficient in modeling, texturing, and weighting in XSI.
- Basic understanding of facial shape animation.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or other high-end 2D painting programs.
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system.
- Good understanding of the animation process.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Thrives in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment.
- Able to follow direction.
- Able to take criticism professionally.
- Has a good sense of aesthetics.
Nerd Corps is one of the largest animation studios in Canada boasting a diverse portfolio of award-winning original properties such as Slugterra, League of Super Evil, Storm Hawks and Rated A for Awesome. But we’re more than just an animation studio. We build stories, worlds, and experiences for kids that cut across platforms from television to online, games, toys, mobile—wherever kids are spending time. We handle all stages of our process in-house, including IP creation and development, animation production, finance, sales and distribution, licensing and consumer products, and interactive development. We’re a rarity in the industry, and are looking for the best talent to join our team!
We would like to convey our sincere thanks to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a great fit: