Western X VFX is looking for a Rigger/Technical Animator for our next feature film. This person will be responsible for creating and updating existing rigs for all of the 3D animated characters in this live action production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Design efficient rigs and improve existing rigs appropriate to the production’s needs.
– Work with the CG team implementing the rigs into the pipeline.
– Design and implement tools and scripted solutions for maximum speed and efficiency of rigging and animation process.
– Advise modeling teams on suitability of models for rigging and any changes needed.
– Support all the rigged assets during production.
-Rigging knowledge in Autodesk Maya.
– Previous experience with quadrupeds rigging and facial rigging is required.
– Problem solving and communication skills.
– Experience working in Linux OS.
– Scripting experience in Python and Mel is required.
– Knowledge of hair simulation packages, especially Xgen is desired.
Western Post is a boutique facility in Vancouver, Canada that creates visual effects for a stable, long-running client base. We strictly follow all labour standards, pay proper OT after 8 hours (on the rare occasion that we do overtime), and have an excellent work environment. We pay extremely competitive rates. The studio best suits artists and programmers who value their lives and who, while working hard when they have to, also cherish the parts of their lives that aren’t job related. Preference will be given to BC Residents.
Hiring will commence immediately.
If you are interested, please send a resume and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Western X VFX Recruiting Rigger/Technical Animator, Western X VFX, Western X VFX hiring, Western X VFX Studio, Western X VFX jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 2D Jobs, 3D Jobs, 2D Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Vfx, 3D, 2D, Animation, Jobs, Western X VFX Recruiting, Rigger/Technical Animator