Weta Digital Wellington Recruiting Animators, Lighting TD, Senior Motion Editors & Assistant Technical Director
Candidates should have at least 3 years of feature film experience, be available for an asap start and display the following:
* Experience in camera and staging shots
* Character and creature animation reels are both welcome. The preference being on individuals who take their animation to the high level of polish required by a photo-realistic medium
* A maya and linux background
* Ability to brainstorm and debug technical problems you may come across.
* A solid foundation in realistic facial animation is a plus
Please complete the online questionnaire at www.wetadigital.com/jobs (including any online showreel links you have available) and send your resume to us at: email@example.com
Assistant Technical Director (ATD)
Weta Digital are now hiring for a group of ATD’s to work within the Lighting Team.
ATDs will work with Supervisors to aid in the generation of Computer generated objects and scenes. The ATDs will engage in a wide variety of activites across multiple departments.
– Must be versed in Autodesk Maya.
– Ability to self manage multiple tasks while under tight deadlines.
– Ability to work effectively under the direction of Supervisors.
– Proven team player with excellent communication skills
– Prior experience in 3D required.
Good to have:
– Knowledge of UNIX/Linux, shell/Perl/Mel/Python scripting
– Work with all disciplines to aid in the production of departmental deliverables
– Prepare and Collate all necessary data prior to Lighting.
– Collaborate with Lighting Technical directors to deliver necessary assets for lighting.
Please Note: Candidates need to be available to start work on Monday 29th April 2013 and must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Please complete Weta’s online recruitment questionnaire at: www.wetadigital.com/jobs and forward your resume & showreel link to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Motion Editors
The Weta Digital Motion Capture Department is looking for Senior Motion Editors, with a passion for motion capture technology and it’s application in cutting edge film-making:
Motion Editor requirements are:
* Primarily responsible for the retargeting and editing of body motion capture data.
* Should be proficient in the use of Nuance and/or Maya.
* Experience with Motionbuilder and/or Giant software a plus.
All applicants should demonstrate experience in the motion-capture field, have a high level of attention to detail and good communication skills. Non NZ-resident applicants should have a minimum 3 years experience in feature film production.
Please fill out our online questionnaire at www.wetadigital.com/jobs (including any online showreel links available) and send your resume through to email@example.com.
Weta Digital is hiring for Lighting TD’s.
Candidates need to be available to start work early June/July 2013 and demonstrate the following attributes:
– 3-5 years or more as a full time senior artist on Feature Films.
– Poweruser in Maya, Renderman, Linux
– Strong communication skills.
– A demonstrated ability in composition, light, and colour
– Experience scripting in Python or mel preferred.
– Coding and/or scripting skills
– Shader writing skills
– Can solve demanding shot problems independently
To apply please complete Weta’s online recruitment questionnaire at: www.wetadigital.com/jobs (including any online showreel links that you have available) and forward your resume/showreel link/demo reel breakdown through to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weta Digital, Recruiting, Animators, Lighting TD, Senior Motion Editors, Assistant Technical Director, Weta Digital jobs, Weta Digital, Weta Digital Wellington, Animation jobs, lighting jobs, 3d jobs, maya lighting jobs, maya jobs, maya, Renderman