Weta Digital Recruiting Creature Pipeline Technical Director
Creature Pipeline Technical Director – Weta Digital, New Zealand
A Creature Pipeline Technical Director is primarily responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Pipeline applications for the Creature Department. They work with the Production Engineers to integrate facility-wide technologies within the Creature pipeline. Additionally they address technical problems the TDs encounter and develop custom tools to improve the workflow. They also work directly with various departments to create and maintain pipeline workflow between departments.
This is a highly technical position that serves to improve and support the workflow both within the Creature Department and with other departments across the facility. Candidates need to be organized and able to handle multiple tasks, as they will often address multiple projects at once.
Candidates for the Creature Pipeline Technical Director role should demonstrate the following attributes:
– BA Computer Science or equivalent, or related fields with at least 3 years experience
– Solid experience with Python.
– Shell Scripting (csh, bash)
– Understanding of Linux environment
– GUI frameworks (Qt and / or Web)
– Source control (Git and / or SVN)
– Experience developing RDBMS (MySQL)
– An eye for detail
– Works well within a team
– Previous VFX pipelines experience in a production environment a plus
– Understanding of NoSQL systems a plus
– Maya API knowledge a plus
– C, C++ a plus
If this sounds like you, please complete our online recruitment questionnaire (at www.wetadigital.com/jobs) and forward your resume/showreel link through to email@example.com
Weta Digital Recruiting, Creature Pipeline Technical Director, Creature Software Engineer, Weta Digital, Weta Digital hiring, 3d jobs, vfx jobs, jobs, fx jobs