Weta Digital Recruiting Look-Dev Software Engineer
Look-Dev Software Engineer
Category: Software Engineer
Company: Weta Digital
Location: Wellington (New Zealand)
Start Date: immediately
Weta Digital is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Look-Dev R&D department.
• To create and support all the tools used for Look Development within the company, including texturing, material authoring, shading surfacing, appearance modelling
• Conduct research in appearance-related problems, such as material models, material filtering, material measurement, texture creation, for the purposes of improving quatlity and efficiency of Look Development.
The ideal candidate will have extensive software engineering expertise and a solid computer graphics R&D background. Internship and junior positions are also available for this role.
• Participate in code design and code reviews within the Look-Dev R&D department.
• Implement and test new Look-Dev technology within a production pipeline.
• Provide support for Look-Dev tools to hundreds of production users.
• 3+ years of solid C++ software development experience.
• Good understanding of computer graphics techniques (linear algebra, material models, light transport algorithms, geometry processing tools, etc).
• Ability to translate a paper or research idea into practical and efficient production code.
• Ability to design, write, debug and share code within a team.
• Good communications skills and English language fluency.
• Previous experience in computer graphics research.
• Previous experience in software engineering in the VFX industry
To apply, please complete our online questionnaire and send your resume through to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weta Digital Recruiting Look-Dev Software Engineer, Weta Digital hiring, Weta Digital VFX, Weta Digital Jobs, Animation Jobs, vfx jobs, 3D jobs, CG Jobs, CGI, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Weta Digital Recruiting, Weta Digital Recruiting, Weta Digital Recruiting Look-Dev Software Engineer