Weta Digital Recruiting 3D Matte Artist/Generalist, Senior Texture Artist, Senior Java Developer, Software Developer, Paint Artist & Motion Capture Pipeline TD/Software Developer
3D Matte Artist/Generalist
Weta Digital is now looking for a 3D Matte Artist/Generalist:
The requirements for this role are:
* Proven experience creating 2.5D and 3D environments from conceptual stage to final render output in a feature film environment.
* Highly Skilled in producing photo-realistic scenes combining photographic, painting, and rendering methodologies.
* Extensive experience using photoshop, nuke, maya.
* Additional generalist skills in rendering, look dev, modelling, concept illustration highly relevant.
* Experience with vray, renderman, vue, zbrush, terragen, mari, photoscan, a plus
* Linux/Unix experience
* Ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver, self motivated, proactive, team oriented.
If this sounds like you, please fill out our online questionnaire and send your showreel link & resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Texture Artist
Weta Digital is now looking for a Senior level Texture Artist, ideally available to start work within the next 2 months:
– A passion for highly detailed work on characters, organic and hard-surface assets
– Experience with Mari
– Experience in shading/look-development
– Advanced Photoshop Skills
– UV layout skills
– Maya/Linux experience preferred
– Be able to create photorealistic textures from reference and interpret artistic direction from supervisors
– Be fast and efficient to manage deadlines and production pressures
– Evidence of strong artistic skills, which could include drawing and painting, must be presented in portfolio / reel
Applicant would also ideally have:
– Enjoy working in a team and be prepared to assist Production in managing tasks
– Good communication skills to liaise with the team, supervisors and other departments
– Be willing to share knowledge and experience with others
– Strong initiative and problem solving skills
– Procedural texturing experience a plus
– Some Lighting experience would also be an advantage
– Zbrush/Mudbox/ Illustrator experience advantageous but not essential
PLEASE NOTE: Applications will not be reviewed unless a showreel and detailed shot breakdown of all material on showreel are provided.
Please complete Weta’s online recruitment questionnaire (including any showreel links that you may have available) and forward your resume and showreel breakdown to us at: email@example.com
Senior Java Developer
Production Engineering is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining core pipeline infrastructure used by most departments throughout the company. This includes but is not limited to: Review and Dailies Pipeline, Asset Tracking Services, Environment Management and The Rendering Pipeline. Our systems provide the main building blocks that are essential for supporting and tracking all processes involved with rendering and data creation.
Weta Digital has one of the largest render farms in the world, consisting of over 40,000+ cores and a few petabytes of storage to manage. Production Engineering maintains the main software interfaces responsible for managing processes and tracking data generated in this area. Scalability is a major requirement.
We are currently looking for candidates interested in the following area:
Senior Java Developer
Responsible for supporting and improving the functions and efficiency of existing applications and systems, design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
Also will provide advice to the Production Engineering Lead on architecture and structure of Production Engineering deliverables, and will be flexible and able to work with changing project priorities to deliver quality work on time and to specification.
– BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
– 10+ years of hands-one Software Development experience
– 6+ years of experience in Java development
– Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using The Spring Framework.
– Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
– Profound insight of Java and JVM internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
– Expert knowledge of Relational Databases, PostgreSQL and MySQL a must.
– Experience in designing programming APIs utilized by expert to novice developers.
– Experience with test-driven development.
– Experience in film, visual effects and postproduction
– General understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools
– Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team
– Positive attitude towards learning and sharing
– Deadline oriented; able to work in a fast paced environment
– Able to solve problems as they arise and remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to work to both long and short deadlines
If you would like to apply for consideration, please complete the online questionnaire and send your resume through to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Developer (Real time rendering)
We are currently seeking a software developer to work on a range of tools related to our real-time graphics pipeline. The ideal candidate will work well in a team and is able to investigate and propose solutions over a wide range of technologies for real-time rendering.
* Good knowledge of modern real time rendering techniques.
* Experience working with OpenGL 3.x and above.
* Experience in writing/implementing and supporting a wide variety of complex software systems.
* Extensive knowledge of C++.
* Ability to work well in a team and closely with artists.
* Ability to multitask and change projects as required in a production environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience in Computer Science or a related subject.
* 3+ years professional computer graphics experience in VFX, computer games or similar industry.
* Experience with the Maya or Motionbuilder C++ API.
* Experience with CUDA or OpenCL.
To register your interest, please select ‘apply for job’ link (or fill out our online questionnaire at www.wetadigital.com/jobs) and send your resume through to: email@example.com
Weta Digital is hiring for a Paint Artist. The Paint Artist digitally removes items such as tracking markers, wire removal, etc.
This role requires the Paint Artist too:
– Prepare shots for compositing by painting out tracking markers, wire removal, camera rigs, proxies, etc.
– Seamless plate recreation.
– Successfully organise time and workload to maintain tight project deadlines.
– TD/Senior level – communicate with Compositors, Leads and Supervisors to manage the tasks.
Required skills and experience are:
– Understanding of paint techniques within Nuke and/or Silhouette (increasing depth of knowledge for TD and Senior).
– Strong painting skills.
– Eye for detail, able to seamlessly integrate painted elements into live-action footage.
– Good communication skills.
– Take direction and feedback well.
To register your interest in consideration, please fill out our online questionnaire at www.wetadigital.com/jobs and send your resume through to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Motion Capture Pipeline TD/Software Developer
Weta digital is looking for an experienced Motion Capture Pipeline TD/Software Developer.
The requirements for this role are:
– Good programming, problem solving skills
– Organized and experienced in managing development projects and prioritizing pressures
– Excellent communicator, able to liaise with developers and artists to understand feature requests and solve production problems
– Flexible and adaptable, comfortable in a fast moving team environment
– Clear understanding of modern programming techniques and technologies
– Good proven experience with Python, Qt and PyQt/PySide
– Experience with SVN and/or GIT, CI systems, project management systems
– Degree in computer science preferred or proof of equivalent experience
– Maya and/or Motionbuilder experience desirable, including scripting and programming plugins
– Preferred to have C/C++ experience as well
– Preferred understanding of a motion capture pipeline
If this sounds like you, please complete the online questionnaire and send your resume to us at: email@example.com
Weta Digital Recruiting 3D Matte Artist/Generalist, Senior Texture Artist, Senior Java Developer, Software Developer, Paint Artist & Motion Capture Pipeline TD/Software Developer, Software Developer, Weta Digital, Weta Digital hiring, 3d jobs, vfx jobs, jobs, fx jobs