Weta Digital – Pipeline Developer (LA Based)
Weta Digital seeks exceptional Pipeline Developers to join our Production Engineering team.
Production Engineering designs, develops and maintains core pipeline applications and services used by departments throughout the company. Among them: Review and Dailies Pipeline, Asset Tracking Services, Software Environment Management and the Rendering Pipeline. These systems are the building blocks essential for supporting and tracking all processes involved with image rendering and data creation.
Weta Digital runs one of the largest render farms in the world, consisting of over 60,000 cores and petabytes of storage to manage. Production Engineering maintains the primary software interfaces responsible for managing processes and tracking data.
– Provide support for and improvements to existing pipeline tools
– Develop new applications and processes
– BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science
– 2-3 Years’ experience in VFX, Games, or related industry
– Expertise in Python, particularly in a peer-reviewed environment (e.g GitHub)
– Strong skills in Linux command line and shell scripting (tcsh, bash, zsh)
– Experience developing and supporting scalable services
– Strong communication skills including the ability to interface with both domain developers and end users
– A passion for creative problem solving
– Prior work with DB and web stacks
– Experience with GUI frameworks (PyQt, PySide)
– Experience or interest in development of user-facing APIs
– Appreciation for test writing and debugging
– A positive attitude, particularly toward learning and sharing
– Ability to work in a group as well as operate in a self-directed capacity
– Capacity to perform in a fast-paced, time constrained environment
– Experience developing in C, C++, Go, Thrift
– Skills and experience with Maya API, Nuke
– Experience with AMQP based systems (RabbitMQ)
– A general understanding of NoSQL systems (CouchDB, Cassandra, Redis)
– Experience working in highly motivated Agile teams
– Prior contribution to open source projects
– Candidates must hold US Citizenship for LA based role
– Candidates must be available to start work January 2017 for LA based role
– NZ Resident and international applications also encouraged for more opportunities coming in 2017!
If you would like to apply for consideration, please complete the online questionnaire at www.wetafx.co.nz/jobs and send your resume through to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weta Digital Recruiting Pipeline Developer, Weta Digital, Weta Digital Vfx, Weta Digital Animation, Weta Digital hiring, Weta Digital jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 2D Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Software Jobs, Art Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Vfx, 2D, 3D, Animation, hiring, Jobs, Weta Digital Recruiting, Pipeline Developer