Weta Digital Recruiting Rendering Researcher
The Research Group at Weta Digital is seeking a senior Rendering Researcher/Engineer to take a leading role in the development of rendering technology at Weta Digital. A deep understanding of a wide range of rendering technologies is required, such as light transport, importance sampling, volume rendering, realistic material models, shading, and geometry processing. The ideal candidate will have extensive software engineering expertise, proven research contributions, and project leadership experience.
– Research and develop new rendering algorithms, such as light transport (path tracing with importance sampling), volume rendering, etc.
– Design and implement physically realistic material models for hair, skin, and other materials using multi-layer BSDFs, importance sampling, and subsurface scattering.
– Adapt the latest research results into practical, production-quality code.
– Implement core rendering systems with a focus on high performance, multi threading, scalability, and robustness.
– Analyse and optimize system performance.
– Improve and maintain existing code to improve quality, reliability, and maintainability.
– Proactively test new and existing features to ensure the highest levels of quality.
– Provide hands-on user support. Find and fix bugs. Author high quality internal and end-user documentation.
– Share senior project leadership responsibilities, such as planning and tracking development tasks, engaging with users, and collaborating with other departments.
– Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science
– 6 years of industry software engineering experience.
– World-class rendering research expertise.
– Extensive research and/or experience in volumetrics rendering.
– A solid foundation in software engineering, including object-oriented programming.
– Fluency in C++ and experience with other languages such as Python.
– Extensive experience in performance analysis and optimization of highly parallel, scalable systems.
– Ability to work well on a self-directed team in a rapidly changing, deadline-oriented environment.
– A team-oriented, customer-focused, quality-obsessed mindset.
– GPU programming expertise (CUDA or OpenCL) and experience with interactive rendering algorithms.
– Experience in film or video game production.
– Familiarity with programming tools such as Valgrind, Vtune, git, and so on
For more information about the research group at Weta Digital, see www.wetafx.co.nz/research
Apply here:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Weta Digital Recruiting Rendering Researcher, Weta Digital, Weta Digital hiring, Weta Digital VFX, Weta Digital Jobs, Animation Jobs, vfx jobs, 3D jobs, CG Jobs, CGI, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Weta Digital Recruiting, Weta Digital Recruiting Rendering Researcher