Rigging Reel by Stephen Ashby
Stephen Ashby presents his Rigging Showreel.
Responsible for topology and rigging. Created for the BYU short film “Papa”.
– Facial rig based on the three curve principle. Micro’s, macros, and sculpts working to create appealing, directable shapes. The system is comprised of clusters driven along curves, with blendshapes firing on top.
– Facial GUI scripted in Python. This GUI was built with the intent to help our young animators both stay on model and get appealing shapes. I learned a lot, and ultimately I would build the facial controls differently next time. But this GUI served its purpose for the film.
– Hybrid IK/FK spine. The Kayla and Stewart rigs both share this spine. I dissected them and combined the spine with some other thoughts from the deep web. It works.
– Stretchy, bendy limbs with elbow pinning and soft IK. Shoutout to Harry Houghton for his amazing tutorials.
– Intuitive hand and finger controls. Thank goodness for Blender Open Projects. I have Juan Pablo Bouza’s breakdown of the Victor rig to thank for the hand system.
Modelled by Jared Rawle.
Responsible for topology and body rigging.
– Based on the Mindy Rig. Features all of the same systems.
– Built extremely quickly.
Modelled by Drew Klevens.
Final Animation by Dallin Cheung
Rigging Reel by Stephen Ashby, Stephen Ashby, Rigging Showreel by Stephen Ashby, Showreel2015 Rigging, Stephen Ashby, Rigging Reel 2014/2015, Stephen Ashby, rigging, rig, animation, facebook, mcdonalds, target pharmacy, verizon, demo, reel, 2014, 2015, professional, Rigging Showreel by Stephen Ashby, RIG Reel – Stephen Ashby – 2015 – Short Version, Stephen Ashby, Rigging, Showreel 2015, RiggingReel2015, Rigging Reel 2015, Rigging Showreel, Character TD/Rigging Reel by Stephen Ashby, Character TD/Rigger Reel by Stephen Ashby, Stephen Ashby Character TD/Rigger Reel 2015, Rigging Demo Reel by Stephen Ashby, Updated 2015 Rigging Demo Reel by Stephen Ashby, Rigging Reel 2015, Rigging Reel, Professional rigging Reel, Rigging Showreel