ZBrush 4R5 continues to expand on creative freedom with new features for sculpting, rendering and overall quality of life. These new features were designed to let you be an artist first and foremost, giving you more freedom to explore new ideas!
Polish by Features – A new set of Polish sliders has been added in the Tool >> Deformation sub-palette to improve your surface and make them cleaner, especially for hard surface models and product design objects. It includes Polish by Features, but also Polish by PolyGroups and Polish by Crisp Edges. DynaMesh functionality has been greatly enhanced and can now retain more of your shape in a lower polygon count than ever before, thanks to the new Polish by Features volume preservation characteristic.
Curves by Features – Creates curves based on the model’s PolyGroups, creased edges or its outline. These curves can then be used with any of the curve-based sculpting brushes.
Panel Loops – Based on PolyGroups, this feature will transform the selected model into individual panels with thickness. Or it can extrude those panels from the surface with clean borders and bevels, perfect for hard-edge sculpting.
Delete Loops – Allows you to remove unnecessary edge loops. At higher settings it can also drastically change the shape of your model.
Align Loops – An alternative to the Delete Loops feature, this produces the same visual effect but doesn’t change the model’s topology.
Dynamic Brush Size – Makes it possible for the brush size to dynamically change as the model moves closer or further away from the camera. This becomes extremely helpful when sculpting items such as bolts, alpha pattern, scales, and etc. No matter the distance the model is from the camera the bolt, alpha pattern and scales will remain the same size due to the brush dynamically changing.
PolyGroup Enhancements – Several functions have been added relating to ZBrush’s PolyGroup options. You can now group by normals, merge stray groups (useful when groups have been auto-assigned), crease or uncrease by PolyGroup and also a Smart Polish By Feature function to improve your mesh shape without losing volume.
Posterize – Posterization takes a smooth gradient and converts it to fewer steps with abrupt changes between them; a staircase kind of effect. With additions made to the profile curves, Material Mixer, BPR Filters and a new 3D Posterize feature, you can now easily create a cell shaded render.
See-Through Mode – Makes the entire interface transparent so that you can see open windows behind ZBrush. As an example, you can use your browser to find a reference image and sculpt against it without even needing to import it into ZBrush!
Quick Save – Quick save is a one-key-press solution which stores your current project file without having to type a file name or selecting a target directory. The quick save files are sequentially numbered and stored in ZBrush’s QuickSave folder. You can access these files directly from LightBox/QuickSave tab. This feature enables you to stay ‘in-the-creative-zone” without having to divert your attention to file-management tasks.
Auto Save – Auto Save uses the same mechanism as QuickSave and periodically auto-save your work in the QuickSave folder. It will also auto-save when ZBrush is idle, such as if you’re away from your computer or switch to another application without first closing ZBrush.
ZBrush 4R5 is also loaded with many other enhancements and additions:
- Topology Brush functionality has been greatly improved thanks to the Dynamic brush mode.
- Toggle between the Selection type brushes by tapping the Ctrl key in order to more easily switch between these brushes.
- The TransPose line can now be instantly aligned with the canvas, rotating the model to that angle without spinning it.
- Convert inserted meshes to a separate SubTool via the new SubTool >> Split UnMasked Points feature. For example, IMM brush insertions can be separated from the support mesh.
- The Size/Scale of the current SubTool can be set in the Tool >> Geometry sub-palette. Unlike with Deformations, these sliders will retain their values and always operate relative to the original scale of the model.
- MicroMesh has a new option to align vertices, allowing all inserted meshes to face the same direction.
- Tool >> Geometry >> Delete by Symmetry is the opposite of the Mirror and Weld function. It deletes half of your object, based on the designated axial working planes.
- Additions have been made to the PolyGroups features. Merge Stray Groups removes isolated PolyGroups composed of few polygons. Groups by Normal can create PolyGroups based on surface angles. You can also crease and uncrease by PolyGroups.
- Mouse Wheel Support: Assign the mouse wheel to any slider in the same way that you would assign a hot key.
which will be in your ZBrush installation’s Documentation folder!
ZBrush 4R5 is a free-of-charge update for all registered ZBrush users.
If you have ZBrush 4R4, use the Zplugin >> Auto Update >> Check new updates button from within ZBrush.(Alternatively, browse to your ZBrush 4R4 folder and run the ZUpgrader application.*)
If you have ZBrush 4, 4R2, 4R2b or 4R3 (or have 4R4 and would like a full installer rather than updater) follow the steps here: CLICK HERE
If you have ZBrush 3.5 or below, Submit a Support Ticket.
More Detail About – www.pixologic.com/zbrush/features/ZBrush4R5/
Pixologic ZBrush 4R5 Released, Pixologic ZBrush 4R5, ZBrush 4R5, Pixologic, Pixologic Zbrush, 4R5 Released, ZBrush 4R5 Released, ZBrush Software,